The Cop Special

V groans as she rolls over, her arm reaching out to find only a mattress and blankets. Opening on eyes, she blinks, waiting for her vision to clear as she props herself up on her elbows. Frowning, her eyes see the empty bed beside her. She turns her head, hoping to see River sitting on the couch but sees no sign of him. She sits up and scans the room.

"River?" She says aloud, but only silence follows.

She stretches, taking in the beams of daylight streaming in through the half-closed slats over her windows as the soreness from her nightly activities makes itself known between her legs. She bites her lip as the evening replays over in her mind.

She moves her hand and her hand touches a fabric, one different from her sheets. Shifting, she picks it up to look at it, her brows furrowing as she holds it up to the light to see the scantily clad female cop and phrase that Johnny deemed as "foreshadowing" of her evening. If this is River's shirt, where is he?

She strains to listen for the shower running or some indicator of him being in another room but there are no sounds minus the usual distance sound of sirens and cars on the street outside. Pulling River's tank top on, she rises from the bed. Just as she does so, the front door slides open, and River slips inside, carefully turning to shut the door while blissfully unaware of being watched. V suppresses the smile forming as he turns, his eyes widening a moment before a smile appears.

"Good morning." He says, his eyes moving down to see that she's still wearing nothing except his shirt.

"Mornin'." V smiles. "I was worried you skipped out of here while I slept."

"Well, technically I did but just to grab you coffee and some food. I hope you like donuts."

"Ah, the cop special." She teases, sitting back down on the bed. "You really go out there like that?" She motions at his lack of shirt.

"Yep." He chuckles. "Turns out I wasn't the only one so nobody seemed to care. As for the coffee... " He walks over to her, nodding. "I'll bet that you've never had better." Setting the bag on the bed, he pulls her coffee out of the holder and hands it to her. "Careful, it's hot."

Taking it, she thanks him and motions for him to join her. "Hm, best jambalaya, best coffee...."

Taking a seat beside her on the bed he takes a sip of his own coffee. "Mhm.." He smirks, lowering his cup. "C'mon, keep it comin'. And?"

She glances down at her cup, shifting as she feels her growing arousal making itself known amongst the delicious soreness. She shrugs. "Just that." She bites her lip to suppress her smile but fails.

"Mhm... All the moans and the scratches I have on me are evidence of that." He shoots back making her laugh. A comfortable silence settles between them as V takes a couple of sips of the coffee as she watches River looks down at his own cup, seeming lost in thought.

"Hey..." She taps his leg with her foot. "You okay over there?"

He looks up at her, his eyes watching her for a moment before he nods and straightens. "I tried to scour your kitchen to make you coffee but you didn't have any. While I went out to get some to surprise you with, I was thinkin'..."

V raises a brow. "What about?"

"About last night. You and me..." He says. "Is this going anywhere, y'know... longer term?"

As soon as the words left his lips, her heart suddenly felt heavy and her stomach turned. She averts her gaze. "Listen, River, what happened... it was real." She looks up, meeting his gaze. "It was good. Like... mind-blowingly good."