Prologue

This is a story co-written by Kasey and Andrea. ;D Hope you guys enjoy!! Please tell us what you think! It's our first co-written story, so please be nice. READ, ENJOY, VOTE and COMMENT!! (please!)

We each do 2 POVs.     Kasey: Carly & Adam      Andrea: Jace & Gabriella.

--Andrea and Kasey ;D

* * *

Prologue

Jace's POV

"19-5!" my best friend, Alec, called before serving. We were playing beach volleyball in our home town in Australia. Someone volleyed it back over. It was coming to me, but before I set it, something caught my eye. I looked over at it. It was a girl. When I looked over, the ball hit me in the head.

I let out a cry of pain and gripped my head, even though it didn't hurt. While everyone was laughing, except for Alec because I gave the other team a point, the girl turned and looked.

"Can I get a substitute?" I asked, walking off without waiting for the answer.

"Jace!" Alec called. "Where are you going?!"

"I'll be right back!" I said. I looked at the girl again. That was when I noticed that she was with 2 little kids. The little girl saw me first. She poked the other girl's leg. She looked down at the child, a questioning look on her face. The little girl pointed in my direction. The girl I saw before looked up and smiled awkwardly when she saw me. "Hi." she said.

"H-hi." I stammered. "I'm Jace. Are you guys from around here?"

"I'm Carly. No we aren't from around here, my family is visiting from America for the month." she said.

"For the whole month?" I asked, shocked a little.

"Yeah." she said. "Well, I'd better get these 2 back." She was leaving already?! NO!!!

She started walking and I fell into step beside her. She looked at me strangely for a moment, but smiled afterward. We walked in silence for a few minutes, watching her brother and sister, when she said "Jace? Can I ask you a question?"

"Well... Technically, you just did. But yeah. You can." I said.

She laughed a little before saying "Well... I was wondering... How old are you?"

"I'm 17 and I'm going to be a junior in high school this fall." I said.

"Really? Me too! The junior part at least. I'm going to be 17 next week." she said.

"Cool." I said. "So... What are you're brother and sister's names?"

"Cooper and Cassandra. Cooper's 6 and Cassandra's 4." she said.

"Do your parents like names that start with C or something?" I asked.

"You could say that. Both my mom and dad's names start with C and I guess they just wanted everyone's names to start with the same letter or something." she said.

"Sounds fun." I said.

"Not really. My mom sometimes calls me Cassandra and Cassandra Carly and it's really annoying." she said.

I realized we had neared where she was staying because she turned and walked up to a hotel. "Do you want to come with?" she asked.

"Sure." I said, following her inside. She led Cooper, Cassandra, and I upstairs to the suite they were staying in. "Hi mom!" Carly called as she walked in the door.

"Hi Carls." her mom said, walking into the room. "Oh! Who's this?"

"Mom, this is Jace. Jace, this is my mom, Cameryn." Carly said.

"Hi." I said. "It's nice to meet you."

"It's nice to meet you too." her mom said.

"Okay. We're going to be going again. Jace promised me a tour." Carly said. I gave her a look and she mouthed "Play along."

I nodded. "Yeah. I did." I lied.

"Okay. I'll see you later Carls." her mom said.

"Yep. Bye mom." Carly said pushing me out the door.

"Where do you want to go first?" I asked.

"I don't know. You're the tour guide." she said.

"True." I said. Suddenly, I had an idea. "Let's go back to the beach."

"Okay." she said, questioning my sudden excitement.