Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Carly's POV

Honestly, I think my mom was a little worried about me going out with a random guy from across the world from where I live. But I don't blame her! I mean, we were in Australia! I smiled, thinking of Jace's accent.

"So tell me. Why are we going back?" I looked up at his light blue eyes.

He smiled. "The guys will get their butts kicked if I don't go back."

I laughed a little. From what I saw, he wasn't very good. "Yeah. Because getting hit in the head with a volleyball makes you the best player."

"Oh! So now you think you're better than me?" He smiled. I kept obsessing over his accent.

"Yep."

He just laughed and shook his head.

"Hey! I was in volleyball since 4th grade. Not to brag or anything, but I think I could kick your butt."

He looked into my eyes. "We'll see about that!"

I didn't feel like arguing with the stranger any more. I'll get to know him first! The only weird thing about Jace was that it felt like I'd known him forever. But obviously I've never seen or heard of him before in my life.

"Woah! Jace!" Jace's friend laughed. "This one's actually pretty!"

I blushed.

"She says she's better than me!"

Jace's friend laughed."I'm Alec." He sent a small hand wave.

"Carly," I waved back.

"You can go back here." Alec pointed to the left back spot.

I chuckled. "Um, thanks, but no. I'm middle front."

"OOH!" All the guys said in unison.

Alec laughed. "Well. Then I guess Jace can set you up!"

I looked at Jace. "You're a setter?"

"Yeah..?"

"Well how can I be better than you if you can get me bad sets?"

"You can be on our team!" A guy across the net called. "You can go in for me. Landen is actually a good setter!"

I smiled. "Thanks!"

Our side was serve recieving. I backed up to about where the ten foot line and went down and ready. Jace was serving, and the ball was short and came to me. I think he tried to aim it to me.

I passed the ball up high for the setter, and he returned it with a decent set, which I slammed down. All the guys looked at me in awe. I brushed my hands on my shorts.

"What?" I asked.

Soon, the rotation brought me to the server spot. I could handle playing middle back. I spun the ball in my hands and looked at the guys across the net.

I laughed. A lot.

It was a little embarrassing; they looked at me like I was a dork. Which, on the inside, I really was.

I calmed down after about a minute. I tossed the ball up and hit it, my usual serve. Jace, playing right back, hit the ball and it flew way out behind our side. I chuckled.

"Ace!" I yelled.

They gave me a confused look.

"When either no one on the other team hits the ball on a serve or if one person hits it but no one else."