two

"𝗣𝗶𝗲𝗰𝗲 𝗼𝗳 𝘀𝗵𝗶𝘁", Monica breathed as her locker wouldn't budge. A hard glare rested on her face as she repeatedly rotated her code, the green metal ceasing to open.

A low chuckle escaped from behind her. Turning around in a huff, Monica is met with a fascinating sight. A stocky blonde boy, ringlets of blonde hair cascading to his shoulders, with tempting blue eyes stood a few feet behind her. "Would you mind helping me please?".

"Yes, I would actually". The abrupt rudeness of this unknown boy left Monica perplex. Lips parted in utter disturbance, she simply watched as he strode away.

Abandoning the helpless new kid in a time of extreme need stemmed a wicked grin of achievement on Vance Hopper's face.

𝗩𝗔𝗡𝗖𝗘 𝗛𝗢𝗣𝗣𝗘𝗥, a narrow minded individual, received a gratifying surge from hindering peoples days. Whether that be sending a 'deserving' victim into intensive care or simply pissing someone off.

"Don't take any notice of him", sending Monica into startling horror, she slapped a hand over her chest to halt her hammering heart. "I didn't mean to scare you, I'm Robin", he stuck out a welcoming hand to shake. "Don't worry about it. I'm Monica", she smiled. "You just moved here?", he inquired and rested his shoulder against the locker beside hers. "Unfortunately".

Robin assisted Monica with getting familiar with the school- his generosity not going unnoticed. "I honestly appreciate your help today, it was really kind of you".
"Of course, any time".

A distant cluster of eager voices could be heard far ahead. "I hear a fight brewing", Robin clapped and jogged towards the source of the noise. Monica followed shortly behind, elated to get a taste of what these teens were about. That bubbling feeling of excitement was quickly replaced with one of frustration. There stood her ludicrous twin, nose to nose with that blonde jackass from earlier. "Lord give me strength", she whispered before entangling herself.

With a swift grip of the collar, Monica pulled her brother away from the vastly escalating scene. "Let me fuck this jackass up". He protested with outraged profanities, the insults bouncing off her life bland rubber bullets. Monica loved to watch a good fight but not when it came at the expense of her fathers gratitude and grace. "You're not fighting him Sean. Not on our first day". And that was that. He dragged his feet behind Monica, blurting out a load of bullshit 'but what if' scenarios about the previous events.

"Please stop talking, you would of got your skinny ass kicked", Monica sluggishly remarked, gracefully reminding him of the time he got beat the shit out of by a kid extraordinarily shorter than him. It happened around two years ago and Sean didn't leave his bedroom for a whole week.

(A/N I would highly recommend listening to Highway To Hell whilst reading this section)

The following week at school was exceptional. She became familiar with her surroundings, made a few friends and was excelling at her school work. A positive shift could be seen within Monica, a happy glow.

On a dismal Monday morning, Monica was late to school. So late, that her route to school was absent of any children whatsoever. That was until she spotted a familiar head of blonde curly hair. This was her chance to get some... minor revenge?

Vance heard some light footsteps approaching slowly behind him- he didn't give it a second thought. "Your bags open by the way", an unfamiliar female voice commented. She then over took him in quickly paced footsteps. Once she heard the low rumble of the contents in his bag moving, she glanced over shoulder to find the boy, puzzled, staring at his closed back-pack. A snicker could be heard from the girl, earning a displeased glare from her victim.
"Fucking bitch".

This oddly childish and unnecessary cause of action left Monica feeling satisfied. Continuing their separate walks to school, Vance racked his brains on how he could 1-up this girl on their growing, unannounced competition.