-•| I |•-

(Disclaimer: I aged Rhaenyra up a year to 16... you'll see why)
•-•-•
🔥
-|•-•-•|-

-• | THE HEIRS OF THE DRAGON | •-

_______ | 112 AC | _______

172 years before Daenerys Targaryen.

Ragnar and Arryx soar through the crisp air towards King's Landing. He has been away for nearly a month. His father, Commander of the City Watch, tasked him with finding more men around the Seven Kingdoms to join the City Watch as the capital is facing issues regarding thieves. Ragnar was lucky to find men near the Riverlands that volunteered to join. He knew his father would be very proud of him. He hoped the king would be too given the fact he directly helped supply men to his City Watch. Ragnar knew the king was never going to like him or accept him but he didn't care much. The Princess was in love with him and that's all that mattered to Ragnar.

As he and Arryx cut through the clouds he comes up on his and Rhaenyra's hilltop. From a distance he can see Syrax on top and a silver haired speck. He smiles to himself as he swoops down. Arryx screeches allowing Rhaenyra to notice them. She stands and watches them fly past her.

Arryx lands on the hilltop next to Syrax, the two dragons greet one another as Ragnar slides down Arryx's wing. Rhaenyra runs to him and jumps in his arms. They hug tightly before he sets her down.

RHAENEYRA: "It felt like you were gone forever."

RAGNAR: "I know, I'm back now."

He looks deeply into her eyes and then down to her plush lips. She can't wait longer, she grabs the collar of his long coat and pulls him into her before kissing him harshly. They hum into the contact. Ragnar grazed his thumb over her cheekbone.

RAGNAR: "I missed you."

RHAENYRA: "As did I."

RAGNAR: "I wish you came with me. A month away, just the two of us."

RHAENYRA: "I know. At least now I don't have to get through this alone anymore."

RAGNAR: "No, you don't."

He softly kisses her before remembering.

RAGNAR: "I got you something."

RHAENYRA: "Really?"

RAGNAR: "Of course I did, you were on my mind every waking moment while I was away, I had to get you something."

He unclasps his long coat to open it up, he reaches into the inside pocket to take out a cloth bundle. He opens it and shows it to her.

RHAENYRA: "Valyrian Steel. How did you get this?"

RAGNAR: "I found a smith who had some left over, I bought it off of him and had this made for you."

Ragnar takes the beautiful necklace off the cloth and shows it to her, she reaches up to examine the main metal gem and the individual rhinestones attached to the Valyrian Steel chains. Ragnar lifts it from her grasp, he smirks.

RAGNAR: "Turn around."

She obliged, she tilts her neck to the side and collects her hair to drape her silver strands on her left shoulder. She unclasps her current necklace. Ragnar steps forward, his abdomen against her back. He brings the new necklace forward and around her neck, clasping it. He kisses her shoulder, she reaches up and grasps his neck. He then kisses her neck and below her ear. Ragnar snakes his other hand around her waist and places it on her lower abdomen. Rhaenyra interlocks her fingers with his.