Chapter 3

A/N:
I wrote this without proofreading so best of luck with grammar mistakes and whatnot.

_______________________

-Damian Skoteinos-

I pulled the black hood of my cloak over my face. The bad thing with being disguised by magic is that anything that reflect can my image will show my true face. With my current occupation, that would be bad.

My hood shadowed my face as I walked towards the graveyard to see a small figure  standing there. As I got closer I saw that the figure was about the size of a boy in his early teens. A skinny one, too.

He wore a brown cloak with his hood pulled over to shadow his face. The closer I got to him, the more certain I was that the boy young.

Before, I never saw my client. I got a written message that was given to me in a tavern. A hooded man walked to me and slipped the paper into the pockets of my coat. That was all I had.

To think that my client was a mere child? Absurd. Alexandria had mentioned he was dangerous, but I was beginning to have my doubts.

Finally, I was in front of him. My client was short, he barely reached my chest. Either that, or I'm too tall, which I don't believe.

"Ah, Skierotis, you're finally here," he said. His voice was chilling, yet playful. A voice of a man who would be considered insane.

Skierotis being the name that I've been called as an assassin. It purposefully had a similar meaning to Skotos, which I absolutely hate. Unfortunately, the name has stuck with me since I had first started my current occupation. Being hidden in the shadows as I murdered my targets forced the name "Skierotis," on me.

Enough of that, now.

"What is it that you want?" I asked. My voice lower than usual and quite gruff.

"Ah, just checking in, dear friend," the boy said. His sly grin was visible as he folded his arms.

"Do us both a favor, do not call me 'dear friend,'" I scowled. Friends were nothing but a waste of my time. They filled you with emotions that you wish to tear away from you as you both go your own ways. I don't need something like that.

"Ah, I see," he sighed. "I suppose it can't be helped. You're all business, aren't you, Skierotis?"

"Allow me to repeat myself, what is it that you want?"

"That answers my question," the boy chuckled. "Well, I just wanted an update about your target. What have you noticed so far? Anything strange about him?"

Either than the fact that he's a cambion? I thought.

"I have everything written down here." I pulled out the scroll that I had written in. "This contains everything I've noticed about FlameBreather. If you want him to be killed, just say the words and he will cease to exist in this world."

He took the scroll and slipped it under his cloak. "If I wanted him dead, I would've ordered that right from the beginning. No, Skierotis, I don't want him dead, nor do I want you two to fight."

"Without a battle, I doubt I can gather much more than I already have," I frowned.

"Let me take your words, allow me to repeat myself, I don't want you to kill Kaelic, nor do I want you two to battle," he said.

"You're saying that you want me to just watch him do his daily routine? Watch and observe him eat, see how he does with his idiotic hair? What knowledge do you gain from that?"