1.

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐍𝐄
𝐌𝐞𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐆𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬

______________________________

                               THE COLD BREEZE OF WINTER BLEW IN THROUGH THE small gap in the slightly open window

                               THE COLD BREEZE OF WINTER BLEW IN THROUGH THE small gap in the slightly open window. Violet Sanders sat by her desk, staring at herself in the mirror that was attached to the wall in front of the desk, polaroid pictures taped to the frame around the mirror. Her fingers comb through her brown lengthy hair. Her eyes wander over to the photo frame that sat in the corner of her small sized desk.

It was of her and her sister, smiling at the camera as they stood in front of their parents who didn't even glance at the camera for the picture to be taken. Instead they stood there staring at each other, love clear in their eyes.

A small smile appears on Violet's face, her hand caressing the heart-shaped locket that hung on a silver chain on her neck, a small habit that she always did when she thought of her family.

As she continued to stare at the picture, her eyes grew dark, flashes of the accident going through her mind.

It's all your fault

"Violet"

The car flipping over as she screamed. Her mother's body hanging out the door. Her sister's unmoving body, her hair showering around her face.

You could've saved them.

Her father's body laying next to her, his empty eyes staring at her before she blacked out. The heavy footsteps walking towards them. The gunshot-

"Violet"

Someone was there...

"Violet!" The girl is snapped out of her trance when Lisa barges into the room. "Did you not hear me call you?"

Violet quickly wipes the fallen tears from her face and sniffles slightly. "Yeah, sorry" She turns to her with a forced smile. "Did you need something?"

Lisa caught the look on her face and her mood instantly dropped. "Hey, you okay?" She kneels down in front of the teenage girl.

Violet looks down at her hands, fidgeting with them as she nods. "Yeah, I-Im fine"

Lisa's eyes trail to the picture frame and sighs. She bends down in front of her niece. "Violet, you know you can talk to me right?" She nods. "About anything, okay? I'm here for you"

Violet looks up at her Aunt. "Lisa, I'm fine"

Lisa sighs and grabs the brunette girl's hands. "You know, it's fine if you're not okay. Healing takes time, V. You just have to be patient" she says. "I miss them too, but the important thing is that we're here for each other. No matter what..."