~ skating ( chapter 12 ) ~

eddie hesitates for a moment before slipping the skates on. i smile giddily and sit down next to him. it's a friday night at the local skate rink, and it's less crowded then usual. max, mike, robin, steve and dustin are all here with us. while i stay with eddie to help him get used to the skates, the group has already moved onto skating. eddie refused at first, but i talked him into it since he's never gone skating before and i'm overjoyed he agreed.

"what if i fall?" he says nervously. i shrug.
"you'll just get back up. everyone falls eds. no one will care i promise"
he narrows his eyes at me for a moment before letting out a sigh. he knows i won't let this go, so there's no point in fighting it. apart of me knows he secretly wants to, he just keeps the tough guy act up, afraid to look stupid. thankfully for him, he has a girlfriend that lives to prove he cannot possibly look stupid.

once we both get our skates on, i look at eddie with a smile. "ready?" i ask. he stares at me for a moment.

"fine, but promise you'll still love me after today" he responds. i raise a brow, confused. "of course i'll love you eddie. why wouldn't i?"
"y/n, i'm about to make the biggest fool of myself trying to do this. just warning you" he says with a smirk. i playfully shove his shoulder and stand up.

i immediately find comfort and familiarity on the skates, taking eddie's hand. it takes him a lot longer to steady himself, but when he finally does i connect our hands, leading him towards the rink entrance. i stand by the wall as he steps onto the rink, his eyes wide. he starts to fall, so i grab his hand tighter and try to use myself as support for him. he laughs, wrapping his arm around my shoulder.

steve skates over to us, laughing a little at how awkward eddie is. i give him a look to shut him up, which he immediately does. "you'll get the hang of it" steve says to eddie. he smiles at me and passes us, catching up with robin and dustin.
"left, right. don't bring your feet up. just let them glide on the ground" i tell him, his eyes on my skates as i show him the movements. he copy's me, soon losing the awkward look.

he smiles a little, proud of himself. i slowly move his hand from around my shoulder, and lock our hands together to give him more room to get comfortable on his own. his curly hair is falling in his face a little, but he doesn't seem to mind.

eddie and i go slowly around the rink as our friends lap us. eddie is getting better, but he's still moving slower then other people and i think that's making him nervous. "here, you go in front of me and i'll hold on to your waist" he says, dropping my hand. i hesitate for a moment, thinking he's just trying to get me to fall if he does. but i move in front of him anyway, knowing he'd never purposely hurt me.

he latches his hands onto my waist, his fingers pressing firmly again the hellfire t-shirt eddie gave me. i'm wearing my jean shorts, too lazy to try and get creative with an outfit. once eddie positions himself comfortably behind me, i slowly begin moving forward. it's difficult at first to try and move both our weights, but eddie soon fallows my pattern and i'm actually enjoying his body so close to mine, trusting me. his hand slides down to my shorts, playing with the buttons. i laugh, giving him a quick side glance. he only smirks, continuing this pattern. his hand moves back to my waist, and his back meets mine as we skate together. i can feel his breath against my ear, sending waves of heat throughout my body. "you look pretty like this" he whispers. i smile, and push my ass against his crotch slightly. he grips my waist with a frustrated groan, making me proud of myself.

"you teased me first" i mutter. he doesn't respond, just keeps his hands firmly on my waist. without any warning, eddie grabs the railing against the wall and pulls me to him, and guides me towards the exit. "where are we going?" i ask, confused. i can't tell if he's mad or not. he doesn't answer, just slowly skates through the people. then it dawns on me. the bathrooms. my face grows red as we reach the hallway to the restrooms, and eddie pulls me onto a bench by the entrances. "take off your skates" he orders. i don't even hesitate as i begin loosening the strings, and slip them off. just as eddie finishes removing his own skates, dustin comes out of the mens bathroom. he smiles at us. "what're y'all up to?"
"eddie's just feeling nauseous. you know, first time skaters" i say, returing the smile. eddie's eyes are glued to me.
"actually i'm fine. i just have something to take care of. y/n, come on" eddie says calmly as he grabs my wrist, pulling me towards the family bathroom. dustin raises a brow, before making a disgusted face and walking back to the rest of the group, who are now sitting at a table in the food area. i laugh, just as eddie slams the door behind us and locks it.