Caring brother (Mahirat)

(Let's start from one of the best ipl pictures i know of mahirat

(Let's start from one of the best ipl pictures i know of mahirat. I am not sure about the year, but mostly it's 2019. The match will be fictional)

The csk and rcb match was going on. Rcb had put a good total of 190 and now CSK was batting, but no one could score much and the top order had collapsed. After one more wicket fell, Ms dhoni came out and he and ambati rayudu started to build a small partnership. Mahi was in a good form and ambati was also supporting well but even after trying their best, they were already too far from the score and the overs were too less. Only four balls were remaining and they needed 24 runs, so the game was all but over, but mahi knew that it would help in net run rate if he would take the team as near as possible, so he decided to hit both the balls for six.
The fifth ball went for the six but when he tried to hit the last ball, it hit his already slightly injured thumb of the right hand. The ball had hit him in the practice session also and it again hit him in the same place, thus hurting him.

Since the match was already over, he quickly shook hands with everyone and went to the team physio, who checked it and put a band aid on his thumb.

He went out the for post match presentation and all, when virat came towards him.
"Hello mahi bhai." Virat said grinning and as he was about to continue, his eyes fell on mahi's thumb and the band aid.

He took his hand worriedly and asked "what happened to your thumb?"
"Its nothing, it's just a small injury." Mahi said trying to take back his hand but virat didn't let him. "No tell me, or i will go and talk to your physio. When did you get injured?"

Mahi knew that virat would really go to their physio so he just sighed and said "yesterday i was hurt in the practice session and again today the last ball hit my thumb and it started to pain a little so i went to the physio and he put the band aid. Happy now?"

"No" vi said "if you were hurt them why did you play today?"
"It was very minor cheeku, it wasn't even paining yesterday." Mahi tried to explain him.

"Still you shouldn't have played, what was your physio even doing, allowing you to play?" Vi asked still worried.

"Cheeku, i promise you it's nothing, it has even stopped paining now. It was really minor." Mahi said trying to calm him down.

"You promise?" Vi asked still unsure.
Mahi nodded. "i promise." He said smiling, looking at vi being so concerned on such a little injury.

Vi also smiled and hugged mahi tightly. "i got worried." He murmered.
"I know." Mahi said laughing "i could clearly see that."
Vi was about to say something but they were called for the post match presentation and thus smiling at each other and hugging again, they went towards where the presentation was being held.