An Awful Twist in Our Story

Do you see that girl? The one that has a big group of people she knows, but only has one true friend. You have a class with her, and she always makes you smile. You talked to her but only on the days you were sad. She always listens to you and you like that because no one else really just listens to you. And she always smiles and never talks about her feelings, but you never really notice anything about her. You never notice what she wears, who she really is, and who she really hung out with. Like, she wears long sleeves and bracelets to hide the scars and bleeding cuts. That she thinks ending her life every single night, but the only reason she doesn't because of her best friend, that boy. That boy you thought had no friends, since you never saw him hang out with anyone. He is bullied almost every day. You called him gay because you thought he never had a girlfriend. He cuts so you call him a girl and emo. However, for the last two months he has been dating that girl, who always made you feel better. She is his whole world and he is her whole world. Because you couldn't open up your eyes and see their love. You kept on bullying him. But this week he wasn't there. For a whole week, you didn't bully him. That girl, who always smiles, isn't smiling anymore. All she does is cry and cry, and she doesn't talk anymore. Then you heard that he killed himself and you laugh, because he finally did it. You told him to because if he cuts, why not end his life? He just a waste of space. That girl went up to you to talk. She thought maybe because she was there for you, you would be there for her. Maybe just maybe you would but you were too busy talking about that "weak" boy and how you were happy that he was gone because it didn't affect your life. You said that right in front of her, not knowing that your words and actions just killed the most important person in the world to her. She ran away but you didn't care, you didn't need her. The next day the teacher turned on the news liked she did every day, and there it was a picture of that girl and boy. The newswoman said, "Yesterday, a girl killed herself, and she left a note..." And the note said, "Goodbye, Mother, Father, and my family. I'm sorry, I tried so hard, but I lost the love of my life. Now this life too much to bear..." But, the end of the letter would change your life. It told everyone what you said, about how happy you were that you made that boy kill himself... and from that day forward, no one wanted to talk to you or even listen to anything you had to say. All your friends didn't to be your friend anymore because of what you have done, and they were your whole world.

Now tell me how it feels to lose everything... to lose your whole world.