Chapter 23

"You're the fiercest person I know, but when it comes to your in-laws, you keep quiet, why?"
Mariya asks, once they reached the office.

Silence

"You should've at least let me reply Noor seriously!"

"Just like that... also, its almost time for my meeting." Maryam replies indifferently, mariya breathes out.

"Fine okay.... about your husband, speak to that doctor you mentioned and get what you can from him, then tell me okay, you seem really bothered about this and I don't want you doing this alone." Mariya says and Maryam nods. Mariya frowns knowing there's a huge possibility Maryam wouldn't confide in her. she wanted to find out the problem herself, but she promised Maryam not to butt in.

"But mariya, I really didn't like what you said about Kabir earlier, it's not fair."  Kabir was actually Maryam and Mariyas friend but as soon as he proclaimed his feelings for Mariya, they stopped hanging around anymore, but Maryam still kept in touch with him, being his wing-lady.

Kabir had asked Maryam about dating Hauwa to get mariyas attention, ofcourse she told him it was a bad idea, but he disregarded her warnings and still went on with it, having full faith in his awful plan. She knew he made a huge mistake trying to use Hauwa to make Mariya jealous when he knew they were enemies, but it still didn't mean Mariya should talk about him that way, she was also mad at him for not listening to her, but mariya isn't seeing her badmouth him, is she?

"Fine, I get it and I'm sorry, but I'm not wrong, we both know what kabir is up to and give him a message for me, if he thinks dating Hauwa will get to me then he's being despicable." Mariya says huffing at the end.

"Mariya-" Maryam calls

"Mariya!" A voice shouts cutting Maryam off, it was Khalid, Maryams brother, the 2nd child and heir to NdabaMotors.

"You're back!" He says approaching them, towering over them.

"Khalid how are you doing?"
Mariya greets.

"Good good, what about you?you're looking really beautiful, how was your trip?"
He asked his eyes shining as he spoke, Maryam noted it and narrowed her eyes at him. Someone isn't over their childhood crush, she mused, snickering lightly.

"Aww, It was amazing thanks, I-"

"Khalid are you really ignoring me right now." Maryam asks, cutting mariya off.

"Sorry big sis, you know it's been long I've seen my one and only sister." He says and mariya beams at him, making Maryam roll her eyes out.
Yeah right.

"What are you doing here? You haven't been coming to work for a week now." Maryam asks.

"Uhm Ry, I gotta go, mom needs me home." Mariya says looking down at her phone, her mom had messaged her.

"Okay, we'll continue our talk later."  Mariya hops inside her car, turning the ignition on.

"See you again Mariya." Khalid says and mariya smiles softly at him, waving, before driving off.

Khalid turns to Maryam.

"Dad asked me to join the meeting, that's why I'm here." He says as they start walking inside NdabaMotors, going straight to the elevator. The meeting with the investors was very important, that's why their dad must have done that.

"Just you? Where's Mukky?"  She said asking for her second brother, Mukhtar. If her dad asked Khalid to show up then she knew he was definitely around. The last born and third brother, Amir was in school.