one.

ricky sighed as he put his phone in his pocket and searched his room tirelessly for his keys

ricky sighed as he put his phone in his pocket and searched his room tirelessly for his keys. his mom hid them again of course, when was she not making plans to ruin his life? he finally found them in his mom's jewelry box. it was a cold saturday and his mom and dad were at a wedding for the weekend leaving ricky alone to sulk. just days before they left ricky decided to go to a party and didn't end up coming home until 3 am. his mom was needless to say furious. the only time he's ever seen her madder was when ricky caught her cheating on his dad with her boss. ricky was mad then too, and rightfully so. he never did tell his dad, his mom made him feel responsible for it, and he was too ashamed to tell his dad that lynn bowen cheated on him. ricky has never seen his mom the same again. his dad always defended her but ricky never sat well with her knowing what she had done.

ricky ran to his car and started it, trying hard to get the heater on, to warm himself up. he was so excited to see nini, he rarely ever got to see her anymore after she started making her album. he was excited for her though, he knew she deserved that album and all its upcoming success. he still found it hard though. he used to see nini daily. it was weekly now, but he still stayed over at her house on the weekends so they could watch movies and catch up. it was ricky's favorite part of the week, he got to escape his home and spend time with his favorite person in the whole world.

ricky pulled into the parking lot of the coffee shop and parked his car in his usual spot next to the brunette girl's jeep. she was early. he got excited at the thought that she was just as eager to see him as he was to see her. he walked into the building scanning the room for his best friend. he caught a glimpse of her hair in the back corner looking at her phone furiously typing. he chuckled at her furrowed brows and walked towards her.

"who has you so angry neens?" he chuckled looking into her brown eyes.

"icky!" she exclaimed throwing her arms around the curly-headed boy, giggling.

"hey bubs," he flashed her a cheesy grin, returning her hug.

"i miss you" she sighs.

ricky missed her too but she looked sad. not just the normal 'i missed you' but something more.