One

Once upon a time there was a lovely princess. But she had an enchantment upon her of a fearful sort which could only be broken by love's first kiss. She was locked away in a castle guarded by a terrible fire-breathing dragon. Many brave knights had attempted to free her from this dreadful prison, but none prevailed. She waited in the dragon's keep in the highest room of the tallest tower. For her true love and true love's first kiss... but that never happened. It seemed to be in fact, a load of shite.

The princess waited in the tower for years, time passing by. Days bled into months and months into years. Time held little concept.

She had all but given up hope, when one evening she heard a ruckus in the castle courtyard below. Another knight come to save her. Another knight to enevitably fail.

Sighing a deep and forlorn sigh, she lay back on her bed, clutching flowers in her hand and waited for death. Hers, or the so called "brave" knights'. Whichever came first. The dragon breathed her firey breath, setting the darkening sky aflame with an orange glow, the force rattling the chains that held her.

A commotion on the stairs leading up to her tower caught her attention. She sat up and listened carefully, head angled towards the door. She definitely heard something..... Heavy and thundering footsteps approached. "Oh great." She thought to herself. "Some fatty of all people made it past the dragon."

She lay back on her sheets, smoothed her dress, and closed her eyes in an attempt to appear serene, waiting for her true loves kiss. A soft scent of onions wafted to her nose. She didn't find it entirely unpleasant.

The door opened gently and the footsteps crossed the room to her bed, hesitating for a moment. She puckered her lips and prayed he wasn't ugly... but the anticipated kiss never came. Instead, she was rudely awakened by two giant hands on her shoulders, shaking her violently awake.

"Hey!" She exclaimed, opening her eyes ready to give this man a peice of her mind. But what she saw was no man. He was a work of art.