Prologue

Y/n was staying after school on a Friday evening, she had an unfinished project to work on since it was due the next day. It was worth 25% of her grade. She was struggling for hours until she asked the librarian for help.

After 3 hours has passed Y/n had managed to finish the project.

Just as she was getting ready to pack all her things and leave, she looked out of the window and it started pouring rain.

"Rain? I didn't know it was going to rain today".

Then you have heard a lighting strike and thunderstorm was forming.

You were terrified.

*flash back to 7 years ago*

Both of your parents work in the healthcare industry at the hospital.

Every time, you would watch them leave for work. You would cry yourself to sleeping knowing that your parents never make time for you.

It seemed that they cared more about their jobs more than their own daughter.

There was a huge thunderstorm at the time. You were watching the news, it repeatedly said

"I repeat do not go outside. I repeat do not go outside. There is this huge thunderstorm".

"Mom, Dad, Where are you going?"

Your mother replied by saying

"Oh sweetheart do not worry we are just going to work but we will be back soon".

"Be a good girl and take care of yourself". said your father.

You heard a creek at the door and saw your mother and father leaving the house.

Those were the last words you have ever heard from them....

Both of your parents had left.

*Back to the present*

The thunderstorm and the rain has started to worsen by the hour.

All the teachers had left and you were the only one at school.

You did not know how you were going to manage to get home.

You were too scared to leave the school. But you knew you had too. You packed your things as quickly as you could.

You started running as fast as you could. You did not want to have the same faith as your parents had.

They were both dead.

You wish you could have warned them to stay home and not leave for work.

You blame yourself for their death.

Chapter 1