Chapter 7

'I'm going to fucking kill myself.' Levi exclaims for the sixth time since the start of his shift, dramatically throwing the broom he had been using to sweep his station.

'That's an extreme response to being denied cock.' Reiner shoots back from the reception desk, fingers maintaining their impossibly fast rhythm as they fly across the keyboard of his laptop.

'Nah, I get it.' Hange says from the ground, lying flat on their back in the hallway that leads to the staff room. This time, Reiner turns to face them.

'And what the fuck are you doing?'

Hange shrugs, not bothering to meet the other's confused gaze. 'Meditating.'

'He kissed me, bro- He SHOVED his tongue down my thr- I pulled his fucking hair! And then, what, I just hop on the bus and go home?' Levi argues, voice stretched into a high-pitched squeal by the mix of anger and shame that have been brewing in the depths of his stomach since the night before.

'Apparently.' Reiner responds with an edge of exasperation to his tone, finding himself steadily running out of patience.

'And I'm hungover. For fucking nothing.'

'For fucking nobody, rather.' Hange cackles loudly, painting the air with a distinct 'ha' that boils Levi's blood. He shoots them an angry glare before charging toward them, picking up the broom and raising it menacingly between tightened fists.

'Absolutely fucking not.' Reiner states matter-of-factly, raising a threatening finger towards the shorter man that stops him in his course. Levi grumbles and groans before dropping his weaponised cleaning utensil once more and throwing defeated hands into the air.

'Sulking and bitching is one thing, beating Hange up because you're sexually frustrated is unacceptable.'

'Oh, shut up. They'd probably be into that.' Levi spits back.

There is a short silence, and Reiner turns around to glance at Hange from beneath accusatorially arched eyebrows. They raise their head off the floor slightly, staring back at the blond before their gaze shifts thoughtfully to the ceiling. They give a short hum, mouth twisting awkwardly as they ponder, before throwing a nonchalant shrug of their shoulders.

'I cannot confirm nor deny this information.'

'You sick fuck.' Levi spits again, more mockery than venom in his tone as the throws himself onto the chair usually reserved for his clients. The fake leather presses sticky kisses again his cheeks, staining the soft skin with the overwhelming smell of antibacterial spray. His knees and elbows fold awkwardly against the edges of the seat, and his spine cracks audibly as he tries to wiggle into a more comfortable position. Somewhere behind him, he hears Reiner sigh again, and he doesn't have to turn around to know that the other is massaging his temples.

'Guys, come on. Can we at least try to look professional?' The blond begs desperately, 'I know it sucks that you got blue-balled and...well, honestly I don't really know what the fuck you've got going on-' He continues, gesturing vaguely to Hange's sprawled out form.

'Your mind is too simple to comprehend me.' They respond as though it is the most obvious thing in the world.

'-but we can't be welcoming customers like this.'

'There are no customers.' Levi contests, irritation muffled by the cushioned seat.

'And there won't be if you don't at least attempt to make yourself more presentable. Sit up - both of you - and try to look busy.'

'There's nothing to do.' Hange interrupts once more.

'Then find something.'

The pair exhales in a unified groan, limbs flailing as dramatically as possible as they force themselves back up on their legs. Heavy boots stomps across the pristine floors as they search for something - at this point, literally anything - to busy themselves with until the rush.