Chapter 7: It's ok to mess up.

"Miu! Why are you crying?" I quickly rushed over to her desk.
"F-FLATTY?! WHY ARE YOU IN MY ROOM?"
"I heard your door slam from my room, and by how loud it was, of course I would check on what the issue is."
"W-Whatever.. it's a stupid reason anyway. Plus, I don't want to ruin this mascara that costed $50." She quickly began to wipe her tears.
I walk over to her desk and take her hands in mine, "Miu, you don't need to disguise your feelings. It's ok to talk to me." I try to reason with her in a soft voice.
"BAH, it's nothing, I swear! You don't need to go all soft on me Kaede."
Huh, she actually called me by my name..
"Miu, is this because of the lack of readings from the lie detector?" I stupidly ask.
"I.. w-well.." Nevermind.. jackpot.
"Miu, it's ok to mess up sometimes. Just because something isn't perfect doesn't mean it's a complete flop. You're such an intelligent inventor, so it's not the invention that's messed up. It's probably.. probably the fact that a lot of the students here are hiding behind something and they've grown so used to it that it's almost their primary act, yknow?"

...

"Miu?.. Are you alr-"

Miu tightly hugs me.

We stay in the hug for about 5 minutes before I hear some more sniffling come from Miu.
I start to stroke Miu's hair in an attempt to calm her down, to let her feel at peace.

"That's probably some of the nicest words I've ever heard from anyone," Miu finally speaks up, "All my life I've always been told "You have to make this perfect or else it's nothing." I hold those thoughts highly... I just don't want to be left alone again."
"Oh Miu.." I hug her even tighter, "I'll never leave your side, neither will the others. After we get out of this game, I'm sure we'll all grow closer just like a family."
"I hope so.."

*Knock knock*

I gently release Miu as I go to answer the door, "Ah! Tojo-san!"
"Good evening Akamatsu-san. I wanted to check if everything was ok in here. Chabashira-chan alerted me of some loud noise from here."
"Yes, everything is alright. Actually, may I have 2 cups of tea please?"
"Of course, I'll be back in a moment."
"Thank you Tojo-san."

That was Kirumi Tojo, the ultimate maid

That was Kirumi Tojo, the ultimate maid. She's an amazing person, and an amazing cook. She's almost like a mother to us, but we can't really call her "mom" since she isn't too fond of it, Kokichi doesn't acknowledge that though.

I return to Miu and I stroke her hair again.
"I asked Tojo-san for some tea, I think that will help"
"Thanks Kaede, guess you're not that bad after all." Did she have something against me before this?
"Of course, that's what friends are for. To stand by one another despite difficult times"

I bring her into another hug, we stay like that until Tojo-san returns.

This feels.. nice.

Word count:515
[A/N: HOLY FUCK- IM SO SO SORRY FOR SUCH A LONG HIATUS- writers block came in like 🕺, but hey! I want to at least continue this. School's starting again soon so I have no idea if the hiatus will continue, but I want to do my best to continue and finish this. Thank you guys for your patience, love y'all <3
-Lumi]