The float

Today in class my teacher was being a complete asshole. She kept calling on me over and over. She wouldn't pick on anybody else but me! All the sudden her eyes dart to me. It almost seems as if she is looking through my very soul.
"Rachel, I expect you, Levi, Bryce, and connor to work on one of the school floats together."
All of us said at the same time, "what?!"
"It's college, learn to work together."
And than with that she said, "class dismissed."

After class I slowly packed up my stuff and after everybody had left I walked up to her. You could hear the heels of my shoes click-clacking against the wood floor, "um, mrs.smith, when is this float due? And what is the theme?"
"Rachel, you have to learn from this experience. I paired you up with levi, connor, and Bryce because they have no listening skills and I hope that you guys can all learn to work together, you have been lacking that lately. As for the theme, make it 'eye catching' . I expect this float to be big enough for all of you to stand on. I will be giving you a platform to work off of. This will be due in a month." and with that, she walked away leaving me staring with a fearful look on my face. I scrambled out of the room. Just as I was turning the corner I feel a tight grip on my arm. It was Levi.
"man, why'd you have to get us into this mess?!" He shouted.
I took a few steps back, but he tightened his grip. Why was he so mad? I looked down at my feet and he yelled "answer me!"
All the sudden my arm came free of his grip as Bryce slammed Levi against the wall- holding him by the collar of his shirt, "Rachel go, and don't mess with college boys."
I nodded and quickly ran off.

The next day I woke up on my couch with a bag of potato ships under my arm. The doorbell was ringing like crazy. "Hannah get that!" I yelled.
Hannah was my room mate.
"No you get it!" I hear her yell back.
The doorbell stops ringing. "Uhhhh" I sigh as I swing my feet onto the ground and walk towards the door. I open it and see Bryce standing there. I was about to say something, but than I see connor, and Levi come out from behind him, "perfect." I mutter underneath my breath.

Before I know it, we are all sprawled out on my floor.
Levi is the first to say something, "I don't want to fucking be here."
"To bad mrs.bitch or whatever her name is assigned us this project." Said connor.
A few moments passed before Bryce said "there's a party tonight, let's all go and get drunk."
"Sounds good."