Chapter 26: Scrape

Jina's POV

I stood there speechless. Megan looked surprised but Laurence kept his poker face.

"Jina..." Laurence said, his words laced with sorrow. It didn't sound like pain. It wasn't even close to it. He sounded as if he pitied me. His words made tears fall down my cheeks. Megan smirked.

"I..." my words were caught in my throat. There were so many things I wanted to say. So many things I wanted to hate but, nothing. I stood there like a deer caught on headlights till I was finally hit by the car. I ran away.

"Jina!" I think I heard Damion call out but, there was too much going on. In a situation like this I would have went right up to
Laurence and bashed his face in with my fist but, instead im the one running away when I did nothing wrong.

I suddenly started to remember the words u said this morning, Laurence, you'll be the death of me.

My legs felt like they were moving on there own by now. Ive been running full speed all this time it felt like my heart was about to burst.

"AHHHHHHHHHH!!!" I yelled as the tears began to pour down more rapidly.

"Jina!" I heard again before suddenly, my feet lifted from the ground.

*Bam*

I was now looking at the sky. My body felt to weak and heavy, I couldn't get back up. My face stung as my salty tears still fell from my eyes which were most likely beet red by now. The taste of blood filled my mouth and my teeth throbbed.

"Jina!" Damion ran over to me. He was crying too. Touching my arm, he looked at me as if he didn't know what to do.

I smiled at his expression. He looked familiar. Like a little boy I think I know. But im not sure.

I started feeling tired. Slowly, I started to close my eyes as Damion started to darken away. But before I could close my eyes all the way, I saw him. The little boy from my dreams.

***

I woke up in the clinic. Damion was holding one of my hands. Only the two of us and the nurse were in the room. Laurence nor Megan were there.

"You finally came to." said the nurse. She wore a white lab coat, a pink top and black plants. She also had a pair specticals hanging from her neck. I turned my head to face Damion.

"What happened?" I managed to ask.

"You fell, hard." he simply said.

"You'll be fine. There's only a scrap on your face, as you'll notice..." she said gesturing her hand toward the mirror wall. I turned my head and saw that there was a scape on my face. It was near my eye on my cheek bone.

"Its not deep so I don't think it'll scar." she said. I nodded.