Chapter 3

~Ursa's POV~

Once I had finished crying in Bjorn's arms, he gently helped me to my feet. His eyes never left my face and I could see the wheels turning in his head. He was the best thing that had happened to me and the past five years he had proven it time and time again. He was my rock and I was his safe place. 

"You good," Bjorn softly asked me.

"I think so," I softly mumble, "I just feel disheartened that Mrs. Chamberlain didn't have her sons or daughter with her in her final hours.".

I felt Bjorn place his lips against my right temple, then he murmured, "You said you wanted to forget today, My Queen.".

I internally giggled, then hummed, "I did, didn't I.". That was what I loved about him, about his family. He and his brothers were down to earth in their attitudes, but they weren't afraid to fight for what was right.

Bjorn gave a bunny toothed grin before he nuzzled my hair, a hum reverberating through his chest. He then chuckled, "Oh I do plan on pampering you, Ursa. I love you.".

I chuckled, a soft sound and mumbled against his chest, "I just want to have a relaxing day, My King.".

Bjorn gave me another bunny toothed grin, then he hummed softly, "My little minx.". He slipped his left hand up my scrub top, fingers caressing one of the scars across my stomach.

I mumbled against his chest again, "Maybe we can have fun in a little while.".

Bjorn hummed against my hair, another chuckle reverberating in his chest, "Yes, Ma'am.".

He's so chivalrous, my subconscious tells me, he's our big ol' teddy bear when he wants to be.

I felt my cheeks heat up and tried my best to hide my face with my hair. I wanted to feel a little embarrassed over the way Bjorn was treating me, but I knew he had good intentions. I closed my eyes, mind drifting and muscles relaxing as he continued tracing my scars.

"Someone getting sleepy," Bjorn teased, "or do you want to just cuddle on the cold bathroom floor?".

I playfully smack the right side of his chest, huffing softly, "And if I am feeling sleepy?".

Bjorn smirked against my hair, his voice sounding tired as well, "Then we'll snuggle under the covers, My Queen.".

I gently lifted my head and placed a soft kiss against his bearded chin, letting his words soothe my weary soul. He gently squeezed my sides as he put his forehead to mine, our little way of speaking without words; something that had begun when I'd had my first panic attack during our second year of dating.

"I believe I was promised a bath," I mused, "but in all honesty, I'd rather be with you, B. I'd rather be in our bed, my head against your chest or you being the big spoon.".

He gave a tired and hearty chuckle, scooping me into his arms and holding my body close. He mumbled against my temple as he padded back into our bedroom, "As you wish, My Love.".

What'd I do to deserve Bjorn?