Chapter 2 Sally

The next day when I got to school, Sally was the first one there. "Oh hey Grace!" she says "Hey Sal," I say "OMG Grace! Max is SO cute! I was talking to him on Instagram and he replied really quickly! Do you think he likes me!?" she says excitedly "Oh um well thats good! Maybe he does like you," I say trying to sound like I don't care about Max. Just then the bell rang and Allie, Darcy and Emily came over to say hi.

For the first period I had history with Allie. We have the MOST BORING teacher EVER!!
" Hey we havent talked for a while," said Allie " Now that you mention it, we haven't!" I say "Do want you to come to my house after school?" "Ok," says Allie
History went ON AND ON AN ON until finally the bell rang! "Ugh that was BORING!" Allie says. I laugh. " It really was!" I replied.

As the day passed I noticed that Sally kept staring at Max. "What ya looking at Salt?" I ask "oh, um just Max," she replied dreamily "shouldn't you be doing your homework? Its due tomorrow." I say "Oh! Right, yeah!" she says. She looks like she really wanted to talk to him.

The next day, at third period, I had science with Max!!!! I was so excited to sit next to him!! Keep it together! I told myself. I can't embarrass myself in front of him. As I walked up to the science blocks, and there he was...so cute....!

The class walked into the classroom. I got to my desk and started preparing for the lesson, when Max came to the desk he looked at me and SMILED at me!!!!! OMG!!!!!!! He smiled at ME!!! I could feel myself blushing as I looked away and started looking at the teacher. " Hey Grace, can you help me with this question?" Max asked me " Oh yeah, sure!" I replied, I had tried to contain my excitement but it slipped out anyway! I helped Max "Thanks Grace!" He said.

Then class was over. When I got out of class I noticed that Max was following me to the table where my friends and I usually sit. Sally and Allie were already there, Darcy and Emily came over just after I did. Max and his friends were sitting at a nearby table and kept looking over at us. Sally kept asking "Why do you think Max keeps looking at us?!" or "Do you think he likes me?" It was a LONG rest of day!!