6.

That Saturday, Ana sat in her dorm contemplating what to wear. She wasn't sure if this was a date with Edward or just two friends hanging out so she didn't want to wear anything too suggestive in case she'd badly misread the situation.

'Adaaaa,' she wailed at her poor friend, 'I have no idea what to wear.'

Ada, who was rather comfortably wrapped up in her quilt, grumbled a little before walking over to the panicked girls wardrobe and pulling out an outfit she thought looks nice. It was a small skin-tight brown-ish shirt with three buttons down the front with a black Frankenstein t-shirt from a few years prior over the top. The jeans were a dark blue with loose-legs and four very large very convenient pockets. 

'Look,' Ada began, 'it probably doesn't matter what you wear. He liked you in the grotty school uniform with hair that hadn't been washed in 2 days and mascara smudged around your eyes, I'm sure he'd still like you if you turned up in a bloody bin bag. Don't worry about it honey you're gonna kill it.' She gave Ana a broad smile before going into the bathroom allowing the girl to change.

Ans brushed on a very light brown eyeliner and added a small bit of brown eyeshadow under her eyes to emphasise her already prominent eye bags. She added the smallest amount of blush and a glossy lip balm instead of lipgloss and some mascara. She looked tired but she liked it that way.

'You look so pretty!' Ada shrieked before grabbing the girl and running with her down to the great hall where Ana and Edward had agreed to meet.

'Anastasia Avery and Adelina Vesper stop running!' McGonagall shouted after them.

They finally reached the great hall where a very nervous looking Edward stood fiddling with his collar.

'Now this, my dear friend, is where we must part ways,' Ada announced with a very dramatic sigh, 'I shall miss you dearly.'

'Until we meet again,' Ana wailed clinging onto the girl. Edward stood behind them with a very amused look on his face.

The three stayed like that until Snape hissed, 'Freaks,' at them and walked off. This took Ana by surprise, she wouldn't class Severus as a friend but they had always been semi-close... something had obviously changed between them. She straightened up muttered a quick bye to Ada and walked off with Edward.

'You're seriously gonna let that creep talk to you like that?' He asked while they walking down the hill to Hogsmeade.

Anastasia let out a little sigh before answering, 'I've known Severus for a long time we used to be really close. I guess I was just shocked by what he said you know? I mean I don't think I've done anything wrong I haven't even spoken to him this year.'

They walked in silence for a couple of minutes before Edward spoke again, 'C'mon lets not let that creep ruin our day,' He grinned at her in a rather mischievous manner before grabbing her hand and running down the hill with her. It was early September which, unfortunately for the two, was rain season. They quickly lost control as Edward slipped over in the mud, pulling Ana down with him. They sat there for a second in shock before bursting out into laughter as they realised what had just happened. Anastasia paused for a second before grabbing a handful of mud and chucking it at Edward. Unfortunately, she had awful aim and it completely missed Edward but hit Severus right on the back of his head.

'Shit!' she exclaimed before grabbing Edwards hand and diving into the nearest bush to avoid getting caught. They sat there for a few minutes until Severus moved on, accepting his defeat. Edward couldn't contain his laughter anymore and once again burst out laughing. Within seconds his face had gone bright red and his laughs had turned into silent ones.

After a few minutes, he had calmed down and they continued their trek down to Hogsmeade.

'Where to first?' Edward asked while swinging their hands between them.