6

After a long exchange of words, I was able to convince him to not join me in the walk home. At every word he had said, I had felt hungrier and hungrier. His heart was frenetic, and every time I would get a glimpse of his wrists, I had to forced myself to no bite him. I knew I would hurt him the moment I listened to my impulses. But he smelled too good, painfully good.

I arrived home, and to my surprise Mom was there, eating white ice cream. She was wearing something different to her usual clothes, more comfortable and cozier.

"¿What are you doing here? I though you were spending the day with your friend friends." She said frowning.

"I took the bus. I didn't feel well."

"¿Do you want to go the doctor?" She seemed worried about me, but I could through her falseness

"Now, I'm not that sick. I just need to lay down for a bit." I said, and she just nodded.

As soon as I was in my door, I closed the door and unlocked the window. I didn't jump this time, I knew the noise would catch Mom's attention. And my conversation with Eric had left me very hungry, hunting was the only thing that could relive me.

I walk through the roof, carefully, and descend by using the gutter. My backyard connect to the North Forrest, and once I checked Mom wasn't looking, I ran as fast as I could. For a few minutes the adrenaline replace the hunger. But then I stepped into the South Forrest, and forced myself to stop. I needed to be careful if I wanted to hunt my next victim.

It wasn't dark, I didn't like that. Most of the times I would only come once it was midnight, the darkness made feel more secure. And there was a lower risk of encountering someone. There would be no way of explained what I was doing.

Soon I founded my prey, a wounded doe. Hurt animals tasted worst, but I was so hungry I didn't care. The poor animal didn't hear me approach it, and was too weak to run away. I put it out of its misery, and started drinking his blood. It tasted worst than I had expected, and I couldn't take it anymore, so I abruptly stopped, even if my hunger wasn't completely gone.

I heard a noise, far away, and smiled, that would be my next prey. I started walking towards it, but when I was close to it, I stopped. Whatever it was, it didn't smell animal nor human. I put my hood on, as if that would help me in, and started running home. The strange feeling had returned, stronger than ever.

I hadn't thought about him in five months, but he crossed my mind. The smell wasn't familiar, but I hadn't seen him since the day he had turned me into the monster I was. My creator was a nameless person in my life, but the most important person I had ever met.

I had followed him through the trees, lured by his sweet words. Now I was sure he had use some kind of power to compell me. Once we were far away from my friends, he had pushed me into a tree, and I had felt thrilled, thinking we were about to kiss. How wrong I was.

He pulled my dress, exposing my neck, and the next second I was feeling an excruciating pain. He was bitting me, sucking the life out of me. No matter how hard I fought, his grip was too strong. I'm sure at some point he digged his nails into my skin, increasing the pain.

It only lasted a few minutes, then he dropped me to the floor, and I believed I was about to die. But something about me made him change his mind, and he came closer to me. "Bite here", he said but I was too weak to do it.

He did it himself, and put the wound to my mouth, forcing me to drink the deep black substance coming from it. It didn't taste bad, but I don't think I would drinking it again voluntarily. After that, I felt slightly better, but he hit me again, and everything turned black.

When I opened my eyes, I was at my bed. But I wasn't the same. My senses had sharpened, and I had almost throw up my breakfast, and attack one of my neighbours. Then I had run from my house to the North Forrest, and had killed the first animal that had crossed my way. Only then, after filling stronger thanks to the blood, I understood I wasn't human anymore.

With all the proof I had, there was not doubt or denying, just a strong emptiness. I soon discover my feelings were almost gone, and felt like I was in some sort of limbo. I had checked phone, expecting missed calls and worried texts, but he had written to my friends, to excuse myself.

Once the feeling was gone, a little exhausted, I arrived home, sat in the white sofa and watch some dumb reality that barely entertained me. It did make my thoughts go quiet, exactly what I need. I spent there a couple of hours, not bothering to do any of the homework that I hadn't even taken out of my blue backpack.

The bell rang, and I stood up to open the door, looking through the peephole, wary of who it might be. I was relieved for a second, then I saw the ruined mascara that surrounded Charlie's eyes.
I opened the door, and she jumped into my arms, crying.

"¿What has happened?" I asked worried. Her and Tom were the only ones I still cared about in my group of friends.

"He's dead... I can't believe it.", She started crying again, wetting my shoulder and probably staining my t-shirt.

"¿Who's dead?" I knew her grandma wasn't healthy, but I didn't though she could have died so soon.

"Vinnie." She kept crying like a maniac.

"¿What? ¿What has happened?" It was a bad thing to admit, but I felt slightly relieved to hear the news. He was a complete asshole, and dating a seventeen years old girl when you were in your mid twenties wasn't wright.

She stopped crying and started sobbing, making it easier to understand her. "He was found at the woods and... And..." She didn't finished the sentence, and started crying again.

"I'm so sorry.", I wasn't, "Eric told me about the attack, I would never had imagine Vinnie was the one...death."

She was so distracted, she didn't even asked me why and when I had talked to Eric. She couldn't stop crying, bringing some emotion to me. Almost as of I were human again. I couldn't help feeling bad about the situation. No matter how bad Vinnie was, Charlie loved him with all her heart.

She spent the next few hours crying in my room, as I did my best to console her. Finally, she agreed to go downstairs and have dinner. She didn't notice I wasn't eating. Then when went upstairs, and she cried herself to sleep, as I hugged her tightly.