viii

Days, weeks, months, years, decades. It all felt mushed together and Bruce didn't even know what day of the week it was anymore. The hole in the floor was about 4x5, and three feet deep. The boy with the dark hair and dark clothes spent most the days sleeping, malnourished and feeling absolutely disgusting.

He was digging more dirt from the hole, it was mid day, no telling the hour but he had good thoughts his kidnapper wasn't home. Hopefully. In and out, in and out of the hole and flushing dirt down the toilet. He was surprised that he hadn't been caught by now, he wanted a break but he didn't feel as if he deserved it. He let Tyler down, he had to get out for him, no matter how long it took.

Behind him, before he could hop out of the hole and cover it with one of the carpet rolls that'd been stacked up in the bathroom, the door opens. He'd been caught red handed. The Grabber in his mask looks right over at Bruce, standing petrified, chest deep in the hole, he couldn't even move as he was turned around, trying to crawl away from the man and into a dead end. 

He felt fucking hopeless in that moment.

Absolutely hopeless.

"What are you doing, naughty boy?" The man asks with a snarl, slowly walking towards the raven haired boy. He had dropped the tray of scrambled eggs and flat soda, the porcelain plate and glass bottle breaking on impact, shattering into a million pieces and making a mess on the floor. The tray clatters on the concrete and bounces off a foot or two away.

Bruce stay quiet, shuddering as he tries getting as far away from the man as he could, he couldn't shove himself out of the hole. He was bolted to the dirt as The Grabber crouched down in front of him, tilting his head. The man hops in the hole, grabbing the boy by his collar and dragging him out as he screams and shouts.

"No! No! Get off of me! Stop it!" Bruce screams, trying to push the older man away from him, seeing the handle of a blade in his pocket.

The man holds the teen to the ground with one hand firm on his chest, pressing down hard on the boy's ribs. Bruce tries to use his arms and legs as weapons, escaping momentarily before his head got knocked on the stairs as he was trying to make a run for it.

Bruce groans, his hand reaching for his head which was now bleeding as he turns around, a blade in the man's hand. The man raises the blade, slashing the teen across his right eye that dragged down to his neck, a scream of pain escaping the boys mouth. In a form of reflex, the raven haired boy kicks The Grabber off of him, the man clenching his stomach as Bruce tries crawling up the stairs backwards, holding his eye.

The pain was horrible, everytime a nerve moved he felt the pain all over again, he couldn't even see out of his eye correctly, it was all just red. The blood seeped down his face and dripped onto his shirt and the stairs as he watches the man stand back up, running full speed up the stairs towards him. A slash to his arm, making him yell in pain again.

Bruce manages to push himself up another couple steps, his attacker standing up and grabbing the boy's foot, raising the blade again. The finale, right to his torso where the boy starts coughing up blood, he knew he wasn't making it out to begin with, but he didn't know the pain hurt so much. He just gave in, he couldn't run with a full grown man on his ass, slashed in the eye and stabbed in the torso, he wouldn't even get to the top of the stairs.

This was his fate.

The Yamada boy just gave up, closing his eyes and praying the pain would just go away.

Everything went numb, like when you cut off circulation in your finger with a string, like how you would guess TV static would feel like. But it was mixed with a cramp-like feeling where his wounds were, a pain that couldn't be stopped, like it was his bones aching instead of his nerves and muscles and skin tissue.

It all felt light for a moment and he couldn't see anything, like he was asleep and he didn't have any thought.

Just discarded like the rest of them, he lost the game and it would move on to another.

The cycle.

AN - holy mf shit I'm sorry for not updating 💀💀💀 anyways hope you liked this ig. I prefer short chapters bc it doesn't overwhelm me as much and skip the story so hopefully you do to 😭😭😭