ix

The two lovers were reunited. Dead but alive.

Tyler stands over the recently deceased boy's body, his physical form already taken care of. The curly haired boy was obviously tired, dark circles under his eyes and it looked like he had been up since five in the morning trying to get ready for school.

He didn't know what to feel, seeing his sort-of boyfriend and best friend dead like that hurt. A lot. He couldn't imagine how Finn and Robin were holding up, or his aunt, or Bruce's family. This had gone to far, and it needed to be ended. As soon as possible.

Summer was coming to an end, the sun stained streets weren't the same as they used to be. Parents were concerned for their children, locking them away in some hypocritical fashion so they wouldn't get taken. People seemed to switch up so fast these days.

Tyler knew he sounded like an old grandpa complaining about why his kids never talked to him, but he was right. The curly haired boy always seemed to know right from wrong. He didn't know what was normal and what was wrong anymore for the most part, everything seemed to blur in with each other. There was no way to explain it, but the closest thing to the fog in his head was like being born with bad vision. You need glasses to see properly, but it was like the vision without the glasses. Blurry and hard to make anything out at that point.

Bruce groans, his eyes still closed shut as he turns his head a bit. Tyler sits down on the stair next to him, watching the killer with the mask mop up the blood left in the kitchen to the front door. The mophead was stained a light shade of red, a red you couldn't excuse as wine or any other red substance than blood. The brunette carefully watches his love slowly awaken, holding his hand in his.

The raven haired boy mutters the brunette's name, looking up at him with a small smile, but said smile fades as he quickly realizes his fate. Tyler could see tears forming in the boy's eyes, that beautiful smile faltered into a frown.

Bruce sits himself up and turns around while standing on the step, engulfing Tyler in a hug. Small sobs escape the raven haired boy's mouth, tightly holding onto the brunette. Tyler softly coughs, his throat obviously bothered but it was a natural habit now, he didn't know how this stuff worked and he didn't want to know that bad. It felt like his throat was itchy and he was about to cough up a storm, but it was just light coughs, as if he couldn't get any air into his ghostly body. It didn't make sense but it was whatever in his eyes.

"Ty! Oh my God, I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry" Bruce sobs and cries, blood and tears staining Tyler's red and black striped t-shirt. His face hidden within the boy's neck, arms wrapped around the brunette's waist.

Tyler shushes Bruce, rubbing his back, his chin resting on his head. Bruce's hands move up from Tyler's waist and into his hair, fingers getting tangled in the matted curls, soaked in blood in patches.

"It's okay, Brue. It's okay"

The nickname 'Brue' came out of no where in that moment, but Bruce felt his dead heart warm up a bit as he heard it. Bruce sobs some more, his knees collapsing on the stairs, Tyler basically holding him up as he leads him down the stairs and into the basement so they could both just sit.

The boys collapse onto the floor, Tyler being crushed by Bruce as he was laid on top of him, using him as a giant pillow. Tyler rolls over so both boys were on the cold concrete floor, facing each other.

"I missed you so much. Why couldn't you come home?" Bruce cries, hand rested on the curly haired brunette's cheek.

"I missed you too, love. I'm sorry"

Bruce wails, his hold on Tyler tightening, tears creating puddles on the concrete.

"What happened to you?"

"It doesn't matter. All that matters is that it's over"

AN - I Can't Be With You by The Cranberries reminds me of Bruce a couple chapters ago and I haven't stopped thinking ab it. bye