Chapter 1

"Common peanut what's wrong boy?" I try to make him move forward to the jump. "Amy get him over." The trainer says. Finally peanut goes over the jump but he falls to the ground and I fall with him. I quickly dismount and drop to my knees and pet him. His leg is bent and he is thriving in pain. The vet comes later and I haven't left his side.
"We are going to have to put him down." The vet says certainly.
"Aren't you appose to save animals no kill them." I say crying. My parents come and jump out of there cars and run to me. They take me to the car and I try to break free of there grips it's no use. Then I see the most worst thing in my life peanut closes his eyes. "No! Peanut! Please no don't leave me!" I say sobbing. My parents take me back home and I run up to my room. I rode Peanut for four years we made a great team and all the photos in my room of me and him aren't helping my case. My parents knew how much I loved peanut and they wouldn't let me spend the last moments with him before he went. I will never ride again. "Sweetie." My mom says and then she opens the door.
"Go away! I just want to cry." I say crying still.
"I know you loved peanut and all but sweetie you will find another horse that you love just as much."
I curl up under my covers and there has to be about fifty tissues on the floor. I better go to sleep it's eight o clock. I fall asleep and in my dream I'm riding peanut again and we make it over the jump a smooth landing. I wake up to my alarm bursting. I get up and drag my feet on the floor and change into my clothing and head down the stairs. I have no strength to even lift my head or say good morning. I don't even eat breakfast or pack a lunch. I just grab my bag with my homework and run out of the house. I still have an hour before school so I head to the forest. I hear a horse winning and trying to break free of something. I head towards it running. It is a horse tied to a tree with a note. "Please take care of my horse. He is five and able to be ridden. I love him oh so much." I put the note into my bag and untie him from the tree and I hop on his back and take him to my house. The shed in the back is big enough for the horse. I take him to the shed and put some hay down I got from the farm. I put him in there and take of the bridal. He is a beautiful brown horse with a shiny mane that looks red. He look like an angel. "Sky will be your name." I pet him and close the shed doors. "Where have you been?" My mother says. "In the backyard." I say smiling. "Doing what?" and she looks out. "Come with me I'll show you." I take her hand and she walks with me out to the shed.