003

india

he didn't even give the phone a chance to ring before he declined it. i was gonna say something but decided not to.

"aye lemme see ya phone so i can connect to the bluetooth"ddot said standing up in the backseat reaching for my phone. "ddot sit down before i get pulled over"

"man ion give a fuck about no police"

i unlocked my phone handing it to him & he started playing one of his unreleased songs recording himself to it.

he turned the camera to dd and he threw up his set "get ha in it" dd said referring to me. i covered my face with my hand as soon as the camera flipped on me.

"oh nah— why you hiding ya face?" dd said side eyeing me. "cause i look busted and my hair not did"

"you look good"

i pulled into the McDonald's drive through waiting for somebody to say something before i started ordering.

"hellooo?" i said getting impatient. "say your order ma'am"

"can i get a chicken mcgriddle and a strawberry banana smoothie, "what y'all want?" i turned to ask them "aye get me uhh bacon egg and cheese biscuit"

"yea me too, and get me one of those orange juices"

"and can i get two bacon egg and cheese biscuit meals, and that'll be all"

"$14.58 at the first window"

i pulled up to the next window reaching for my wallet on my bag when dd pulled out a $50 "i'll pay"

"boy i got it" "nah i got it" he said snatching my card from me and handing the girl the $50 bill. she was looking like she wanted to say something but didn't. she just handed me the change and we pulled up to the next window getting the food.

"aye pull over i gotta smoke before i eat" dd said pulling an already rolled blunt out his pocket.

i parked because i need to eat anyways & me driving and eating at the same time was not gonna end well. "yo what the fuck. look at the time now." it was 5 minutes until 10 o'clock which meant second period was about to be over.

" well it ain't no point in going to school no more, we should just chill at the crib" "my mom still there, she don't go to work until the afternoon"

"we can go to my crib then until she leaves" dd offered.

ddot looked at him kind of crazy "you sure you want her to know where you live?"

"i know where her crib is too, she try any funny shit and ima boom her." "y'all talking about me like i'm not right here" i said looking at both of them. "i'm dead ass, you try any set up or funny shit you gone die in the worst way"

"i would never set you up. i know better than to do some dumb shit like that"

a smile grew across his face slowly "ight bet" he started typing his address in his gps and we made our way out of harlem.

-
it felt like i was driving for hours but it was really like 30 minutes. "this house in the middle" i pulled into the driveway of a big white and blue house. it looked huge from the outside so i just knew it was even bigger inside.