i. FOURTH OF JULY

𝕰NCHANTED,            𝒗ol. i

 i

i. ≛     fourth of july

          REPORTERS, JOURNALISTS, camera crews, fans, and strangers alike all gathered in front of the Hall of Justice, intrigued by the news

REPORTERS, JOURNALISTS, camera crews, fans, and strangers alike all gathered in front of the Hall of Justice, intrigued by the news. It wasn't every day that the Justice League announced new additions to their growing roster of heroes, much less the sidekicks of said heroes. But, it was the day.

Waves of stares rained down through the glass dome that overlooked the inner sanction of the Justice League's headquarters. Small children tugged on their parents' jeans. They pointed to her, as if she were a jewel on display. And she would smile back from where she sat, waving to the children.

Angelyne Amor didn't mind the attention. After all, she'd become accustomed to it after so many years spent basking in the limelight of her family name. Romero Amor, the founder and creator of their family business — Amor Couture. Genevieve Amor, the stellar supermodel who cemented their fame. And Alexis Amor, the eldest child of Genevieve Amor. Her older brother; the boy who had a natural affinity for modeling.

Anodyte and Wonder Woman arrived early to the Hall of Justice. Angelyne couldn't miss the day: the single, most important day ever. She was beyond ecstatic, not only was she joining the Justice League, but she'd be doing so alongside the sidekicks of the other League members — the Protégé's, as they liked to refer to themselves. Diana had told her the others developed a strange dislike for the term sidekick. They much preferred protégé or partner over sidekick.