II. || Tʜᴇ sᴜᴍᴍᴇʀ ᴏꜰ 1970

ɪᴛ ꜰᴇᴇʟꜱ ʟɪᴋᴇ ꜱᴜᴍᴍᴇʀ ᴀʟʟ ᴏᴠᴇʀ, ᴀɢᴀɪɴ

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴏ
ᴛʜᴇ ꜱᴜᴍᴍᴇʀ ᴏꜰ 1970

" ɴᴏʙᴏᴅʏ ᴇᴠᴇʀ ʟᴏᴠᴇᴅ ᴍᴇ ʟɪᴋᴇ ꜱʜᴇ ᴅᴏᴇꜱ "

ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ʟᴇᴛ ᴍᴇ ᴅᴏᴡɴ, ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴇᴀᴛʟᴇꜱ

╰┈ The summer of 1970, started like any summer would. Three months of freedom from school. But that freedom wasn't enough we wanted independence. A place to call our own. That's why we decided to buy the treehouse in the first place. Our quest for the summer was to earn money that was our summer goal. The five of us lived in the gaslight addition. It was a "dream" neighborhood. It was built when new was in and old was out. "Hurry up, Vivi!" "I'm coming"

That summer was different than any other summer I had before. My parent hadn't been married. Which was weird for that time and had separated when I was young. But it never bothered me. Sam, was similar to me in that way but her parents were together but would argue often.  I was a little more developed than my friends. Even more than Roberta. I and Roberta were more "boyish" than the others. I had a sister but she had a different dad than me. Unlike Teeny with her being an only child. My mom would tell me things before my friends did. But Chrissy's mom was a little overprotective of what Chrissy should know.

The Wormers, everyone felt sorry for their mother. They also had a goal that summer. Like us. It was to make our lives miserable. They were our enemies that summer. "Wormy, Wormers" "get'em!" "Now" they threw balloons filled with jell-o in them at us "help me!" "Aah" "you Assholes" while the other girl ducked I started to walk toward them. "GO, GO, GO, GO" they started to bike away I was able to grab a balloon with jell-o in it. I had thrown the balloon of jell-o at the back of Scott's head. "You're a ninnyhammer!" He yelled at me while he got hit with the balloon of jell-o.  My friends cheered for me. "Ok, shit-smeller!" "We're not afraid of you or your friends" "YOU SHOULD BE" they were cheering their last name as they biked away.

Words: 370