Ch- 22- Bachelor Party

Warning : light smut ahead...⚠️

Jungkook's pov

It's a short walk from the little seaside cottage to Jin hyung's house next door. It's larger, but not by much, with a beautiful wrought-iron fence and overflowing flowerpots. Tied to the porch is a glittery foil balloon with gold lettering. Bride to be.

Jin hyung smiles when he sees me. "Jungkook, come on in! Did you get here okay?"

I laugh. "Yes, although I had to stop to ask for directions."

"You look tan. Did you sail today?"

"Yes," I say, smoothing a hand over my hair. I'd showered, and didn't think I'd gotten a lot of sun.

He sees my confusion and shoots me an apologetic smile. "Taehyung mentioned it yesterday. What did you think?"

"I loved it," I say. "Taehyung told me it's practically the family pastime."

"Yeah, you could say that. We were taught to tie knots before we could walk. Was he a good teacher?"

"Yeah, he was."

"Good. He taught most of us, when Dad was away." He smiles at me again, and I'm hit with a small pang of guilt. He's being so nice to me-his whole family is!-and I'm here under false pretenses. Here to work. "Come in, come in. I want you to meet some of my friends."

I'm ushered through a beautiful hallway and into a living room that belongs in a catalogue. The interior design is homey, with linen furnishings and a sheepskin rug. There's a giant fireplace.

"This place is gorgeous, hyung. Stunning."

"Thank you. Would you mind saying that again tomorrow when my fiancé can hear you? We've spent so long renovating this place, and I think he got a bit sick with all my decorating toward the end."

"No, he didn't!" a girl calls. "He'd never deny you anything, the sucker."

A group of men and women are sitting around a dining-room table, glasses in hands.

Jin hyung makes the introductions, calling me Taehyung's boy.

"We're playing," says a girl with a long black hair. "Come, join. Do you want a glass of champagne?"

"Yes, please."

"I'm Jisso," she says. "We're not allowed to say the word bride or wedding, by the way," she whispers in an aside. "If you do, you have to do a shot."

"If you want to," Jin hyung points out. "We're not here to get drunk tonight."

"You're right. Let's keep it tame," Jisso says, but she shakes her head at me in disapproval. "God forbid we go a bit wild. Anyway, you're Taehyung's date?"

"Yes."

She leans closer, eyes glittering with curiosity. "How is it, dating him?"

"How do you mean?"

She hands me a glass of champagne. "He was always so reserved growing up. Would tell you off for eating too much sugar, you know."

I laugh at that. "I can actually imagine him doing that. You spent a lot of time with jin hyung growing up?"

"Best friends." She nods. "But back to Taehyung in a relationship. I can see that you're uncomfortable, and I'm sorry about that, but I just have so many questions. I've also had to do two shots already. When in doubt, blame it on alcohol. Very adult of me, I know."

"Not uncomfortable, per se. It's just that we're not really in an official relationship. We're seeing each other, it's early days, and he asked me here as his date."