prologue

It's my fault. It's my fault. It's all my fault. I did this to her. She's in the hospital. She's in the hospital because of me. She could've been killed because of me. No. No. I sob on the wheel still holding it. I'm stopping on the sidelines of the road. My tears are already soaking on my wheel and my eyes feel cold from the air conditioner in my car. I sniffle and the cool air enters my mouth and exits. I hear someone approaching. I slowly look through the side mirror. It's Stiles. Is he stalking me? Shit and I'm crying. He can't see me like this.

I immediately press the button to roll the windows up since they were open but all the doors are locked. I successfully closed the window before he got there. He banged his hand on the glass just in time I closed it.
" Lydia what's wrong? " he said and I could hear concern in his voice. Wow. He does literally care for me. He was knocking on the window. " Go away. " I mumbled hiding my face.

" Lydia, come on. You okay? Why are you stopping here? "

He looks at me with those chocolate brown eyes but I look away knowing I look like a wreck. I hide my face wiping my tears but they keep coming and I can't stop sobbing. I look for tissues but can't find them. Stiles has been talking while I'm doing this. I can't hear what he's saying. My mind is whirling like a hurricane. For a moment there, I wanted to die and get it over with. Forget about everything and finish this. Stiles is still on the window knocking saying to open the window.

" Just go away! " I raise my voice banging on my window where he is leaning on.

" What's wrong? "
" Look, I don't need anyone seeing me cry. " my voice is ragged and I feel like it's is stuck in my throat. I wipe my tears but it's still no use.

" Oh come on, Lydia. Look, you shouldn't care if people see you cry, alright? Especially you. "

Stiles looks at me with concern and pity. His hand is on my window. I look at him. My eyes are still red and leaking. " Why? " I ask. He got my attention. But I'm still tearing. Jesus. Can't it stop? His gaze sort of moves away for a little. It looks like he's thinking. Thinking for a reason. Thinking for an answer of my single word question.

" Because I think you look really beautiful when you cry. " he answered. His gaze back on my eyes but I gazed down pressing my lips together. I feel heat rising up on my cheeks. Am I seriously blushing right now? Both my subconscious and inner goddess are all jaws dropped and eyes wide with their hands on their cheeks. They remind me of an emoji emoticon. I wrinkle my eyebrows and my tears stopped but I was still sniffling and my heart is still shattered only some of it were back on shape. Part of my heart was healed.

I realized in that moment, dark chocolate Stiles Stilinski cheered me up for the first time. I look up at him and gave him a little smile. He smiled back. His chocolate brown eyes to my grassy green ones. I swallow and roll my window down. I place my hand on top of the window. He places his palm on top of the back of my hand. His hand is so warm and I know that mine is so cold. I keep my gaze down. I just didn't wanna look into his eyes. He rubs my hand softly and I smile slightly but I was still broken.

>>\\//

Too long for a prologue? Well, it's my first AU fanfic and first Stydia but my 2nd book. I hope you enjoyed it and the first chapter's heading on your way.

THANK YOU FOR READING!

-Kate