C50

Chayton stopped at the end of the clearing with a frown upon his forehead, annoyance pulling at him.

Carlisle wasn't alone. A few Volturi guards,Aro, Marcus and Caius and Edward Cullen stood with him.

Something wasn't right. He could feel it as he squared his shoulders and began walking towards them.

He wasn't afraid, but having no fear was stupid and he knew it as he walked at a human pace towards the group, his eyes flickering every which way to see if there were more waiting in the trees.

There were a few, six or seven at most.
Carlisle had set up a trap for him,it seemed. Though, the doctor forgot that even if he , Chayton, are now a Vampire, he is still a shifter.

He heard footsteps behind him and looked back only to frown because Sirius, Harry,  Ron , Damon and Stefan were following him with Sam and Jacob.

They are smarter than him , it seemed. Way smarter.

He halted a few steps away from the Volturi and the two Cullens.

" Evening,Doc," he greeted the man that he just couldn't shake it seemed. " What do you want from me this time?"

Carlisle's eyes roamed up and down his body, his gaze intense with a hunger that Chayton didn't like.

"We want you to give Bella back," Edward spoke before the doctor can even begin to open those lovely lips of his.

Chayton shrugged his shoulders, his eyes moving to his mother's murderer. " I don't have her. She's at her Dad's, remember?"

"Well, someone did something to her house and I have a theory that it might be those wizards in your house." Edward pointedly ignored Sirius, Harry and Ron that was already gripping their wands tightly.

Chayton scoffed. " Sure and my name is Edweird. Sorry, Ed, but the wizards in my house aren't the only ones in town. Look , have you really come to waste my time and yours, huh? I really have better things to do than listen to you whine about Bella."

Edward growled. "Break whatever you did to her house and you won't die."

Chayton let out an amused laugh. " Oh ho, are you threatening me, Bronze prince? Do you get off on threatening others? Just let me make this clear, I'm not fucking scared of you, Edweird. I really didn't have anything to do with Bella's house. I told you the wizards at my house aren't the only ones in town."

" No, you did this," Edward insisted, beyond reasoning.

Chayton felt like hitting his head against a wall because of this guy's stupidity.

" Chayton, just give us back Bella, or you might find yourself staked or worse." Carlisle's voice was soft, deceptively so.

" I'm not afraid to be staked or worse, Doc. I can and will defend myself."

" You're under Volturi rule," Caius Volturi spoke, his eyes alight with the anger inside of him," You will obey us."

Chayton's lips curled up into a smirk. " That's where you're wrong," he stated confidently," I'm more Nightwalker, which means I am not under your rule. Whoever is in charge of the Nightwalkers.... I'll gladly accept their rule. I'm just a little bit of Cold One mixed in with the  shifter and Nightwalker. Oh ho, I might just rule myself since I'm more of a tribrid than anything else. I don't need your rules."

Caius stepped forward with a sneer, but Aro stopped him.

" You are still under our rule of you have some Cold One in you," Aro said, his milky red eyes boring into Chayton's black eyes.