𝑜𝑛𝑒

THREE MONTHS LATER

WHEN A KNOCK SOUNDED AT THE DOOR, LILY PEERED AROUND THE CORNER OF HER FRIDGE, A BAGEL STUFFED INTO HER MOUTH. She took a bite, closed the fridge, and padded to the door.

"Who is it?" She asked.

"U-uhm m-my name is Dora Skirth." A meek woman's voice said on the other side. Lily peered into the peep hole before opening the door. She was still in her pyjamas as she took another bite of her bagel.

"Can I help you?" She asked, raising an eyebrow.

"U-um, yes. Um, are you Lilith Drake?" Dora asked, looking up at her through her glasses. She had a scarf around her neck, hair pulled back, and a dark coat on her shoulders.

"Lily. What can I do for you?" She asked. Dora turned, peering down the hallway. Her feet were shifting, and her fingers played with the handle of her purse.

"Actually, d-do you mind if I come in?" She asked. Lily turned, allowing her inside before going to lean against her kitchen counter. She took another bite of bagel.

"So what is this about?" Lily asked, frowning.

"U-um, I work at the Life Foundation." Dora answered. Lily's frown immediately deepened. "M-Miss Drake, I need your help. Anyone's help."

"Lily." She corrected again. "What is this?"

"Your brother. He, he's corrupt, and cruel, and evil, and he's doing terrible, terrible things. He's got a lab filled with poor people, homeless people, they're all signing waivers they don't understand, and he's using them like guinea pigs, and they're dying. They are all dying." Dora scrambled. She looked up at Lily with wide eyes.

"Why are you coming to me instead of the police?" Lily asked, though, deep down, she knew. "How did you find me? I don't... Carlton and I haven't been in contact since I was fourteen."

"I looked everywhere, the only people who could have any dirt on him is you and Eddie Brock." Dora explained.

"Eddie? From that interview?" Lily muttered, shaking her head. "I don't understand how I can help you without going to the police. You're better off finding Eddie."

"I-I've tried everything. I don't know where he is. I used to believe in him. I told myself it was worth it because we were curing cancer but this..." She trailed off, sobbing before covering her mouth with her hand.

"Okay, okay. I... I'll try to get in contact with him, and we'll figure it out, okay? We'll keep your family safe." Lily assured, patting the woman on her shoulder.

" Lily assured, patting the woman on her shoulder