𝑡ℎ𝑟𝑒𝑒

LILY OPENED HER MOUTH TO SAY SOMETHING, BUT EDDIE CLOSED THE DOOR IN HER FACE. He felt bad, but he really needed some time alone. Yet, after a half hour...

I like her.

"What? Wha..." Eddie trailed off as he looked around his apartment. He sniffed, scowling at the very burnt tater tots as he took them out of the oven. He grimaced at his burnt fingertips.

Do not open that door.

"Huh?" Eddie murmured. Just then, someone knocked loudly on the apartment door. Eddie sniffed, walking over and peering through the peep hole. No one was there, so he opened it, but five men shoved their way inside his apartment. Eddie said nothing as he was pushed backward into the room.

"Hey, Eddie." Some bald guy said, smirking as he stood across from him.

Who the hell is this guy?

"I'm gonna need Mr. Drake's property back." He said simply as the other men pointed their guns toward him. Eddie put his hands up in defence.

What are you doing?

"I'm, uh... putting my hands up." Eddie said, to the voice in his head. "Look, uh, I don't know any Mr. Drake. Could you maybe mean Miss Drake?" He asked nervously.

"Oh, don't worry. We've already paid her a visit." The bald man said maliciously. Eddie paled. His hands were pulled down.

You are making us look bad.

"No I am not." Eddie hissed, forcing them up.

Yes, you are.

Down.

"No, I'm not!"

Up.

Yes, you are.

Down.

"No, I'm not!"

Up.

Why would you do that?

"Because it is a very sensible thing to do." Eddie replied. The bald man raised an eyebrow.

"Eddie?" He asked, his hands behind his back.

I will take care of this myself.

"What?"

"Eddie, where's the bug." The man asked. Eddie laughed nervously. "Take him down." Tasers shot out from their guns, and Eddie lurched as the electricity shot through him. In reaction, a tendril of black slime shot out from his arm, tossing one of the men through the window.

Eddie's eyes widened and he stared at his hand as it seeped back into his skin before launching out of his other hand, punching one of the other men in the gut. He shuffled back, and the slime grabbed the bald man by the throat before slamming the last guy to the ground. The bald man was drawn closer, the tendril snaking around his throat.

"Where is she?" Eddie asked, his voice dark and low, rumbling with a tone that did not belong to him. He didn't give the man a chance to respond before throwing him to the ground. The slime in his hands threw a weight at one of them, and Eddie moved it in between his hands. "What is that?"

Not what. Who.

It threw another one of them to the ground before encircling Eddie's foot, flipping him over and kicking the bald man in the face, knocking the gun out of his hands.

"Shit." Eddie grumbled. The slime reached out, pulling him to the side to narrowly dodge a bullet as more men filed into his apartment. He flipped his table onto them before throwing a stool at another. He continued fighting, punching, kicking and throwing them around the room with this very helpful black slime.