Chapter 1: New friend.

Destiny POV:

"The greater the heights, the greater the fall". So it is with life.
You've always held this tightly in your heart. It's a reminder, that regardless of the effort, the lifeblood, the time, the everything you've put into your castle, one small slip can make it all come crashing down. Sure, this may be a depressing idea for a college student to carry. But you know that it's better to start humble and aware of your insignificance, even if it means exchanging blissful ignorance for harsh realities. 

And with that in mind, here I am finally sitting down at the bus stop waiting for the bus to arrive at 7:00, although it was quite late. You rubbed your arms together to create friction since it was chilly at night. I switched on my phone to check the time. Wow, it's 7:15! I sighed since I was tired all day dancing with my dance teacher. While I was waiting for the bus to arrive, I saw a tall guy around 6 feet sitting right next to me. I couldn't determine his appearance since he was wearing a black cap with a red scarf covering his face. He looks quite odd, but I just shrugged it off. A few minutes later, my phone buzzed. I switched it on. Oh, it's Edith!

Edith: BITCH?!?! WHERE ARE YOU?!?!

Destiny: Girl, chill! I'm at the bus stop. The bus hasn't arrived yet. I'll drop you a message once it arrives.

Edith: Gosh, I thought you died!! TT

Destiny: xD

The bus finally arrived. I stood up and so did the strange guy. We both got on the bus. I have a habit of sitting at the end of the bus since it's quiet and less troublesome and didn't want to sit near the weird guy. I lay my head on the window, but I remembered that I had to send a text message to Edith.

Destiny: Hey bestie! The bus finally arrived! Gosh, I'm so tired and hungryyyy TT

Edith: Okay! Food's ready. Just made some ramen since I just came home, a few minutes ago from art class.

Destiny: No worries! I'll be there in like half an hour. 

                            Read✅✅

I switched off my phone while smiling thinking about how did I end up having such a stupid yet caring best friend like Edith. Yes, we have been best friends ever since 4th grade. Half an hour later, I finally reached home! Got down off the bus, finally relieved that I just can go home and lay dead on my bed. I noticed that the strange guy was still there watching me and the surroundings. I just shrugged it off thinking it was some weird pervert guy. And with that thought, I push open the door to my new apartment that me and Edith just recently purchased. You weren't sure what to expect, but you certainly weren't expecting this. A dimpled guy grins at you sheepishly while crouching over the shattered glass. He straightens up quickly. Chestnut brown hair glistened from the moonlight streaming through the living room window.

"Hey.", he says awkwardly. "Um, am I in the wrong apartment?" I questioned in confusion and double-checked the apartment number. Then you finally hear Edith's loud voice. "Is that you, Destiny?" she yelled. She arrived and looked at the tall guy and the shattered glass. Damn. you think to yourself. He's TALL. "Sorry about that. I'm kind of a klutz..." he trails off. "I can see that," Edith says. half sarcastic and half amused. "So..." he continues. "I'm Siddharth Malhotra, Edith's friend". "I'm Edith's roommate, Destiny Clyde," I reply imitating him. "And also a best friend." Edith continued my sentence while she rolls her eyes with sass. I just chuckled including Siddharth.

I came in and kept my shoes in the shoe cabinet. "I'll take a quick hot shower and be right back." Edith nodded while serving the ramen to our plates including Siddharth's. After an hour, I finally arrived at the dining table with my sweatshirt and shorts. "Let's eat!" We all started eating the ramen that Edith has prepared for dinner. I smiled tasting the spiciness of the ramen noodles. "Wow! That's hot!" he said in excitement. Fuck, why did that kind of turn me on? I just chuckled not knowing how to respond to whatever he just said. We started to talk and got to know each other a lot. Turns out, he is 24 years old. I did not expect that. He works in a drug store called, "Greste" and is also a childhood friend of Edith. We ended up watching a horror movie called, "Truth or Dare." It's freaky, I'm telling you. "Okay guys..." he stood up while putting his long hands in his pockets. I wonder what he can use them for. Shit Destiny, what the hell are you thinking?! "Uh okay, bye!" I said awkwardly. Edith just waved at Siddharth.

Meanwhile...

- Did you find her?

- Yes sir.