1:4 Hope Is Not The Goal

Hope Is Not The Goal
Part 3
————

Hope Is Not The GoalPart 3————

————

RECAP

"I think her soul just got on my shoes." Lizzie whined. "Ew!"

"I think I'm-a be sick, too." MG said.

Landon eyes were shut, looking away. "Is this normal?" Landon asked.

"Sh-she's puking her guts out." Hope commented. "Literally." The yells, groans and vomiting noises were heard as she continued to puke her guts out. "Dana! Dana!"

————

All that was of Dana was skin, black goo and her clothes. "Should we call your dad?" Hope asked, not taking her eyes off the body.

"Why? So he can take another bullet for you?" Lizzie replied.

"No." Hope fired back. "Because whatever did this, is not a Vampire." Hope paused, looking at Lizzie. "It's gotta be another monster from the knife."

Everyone was silent until Kaleb looked over at Landon and spoke up. "Well, maybe the monster's been right in front of us all along." He said walking towards Landon.

"What...?" Landon asked. "Are you serious?"

"Hey, none of this started happening until you showed up and stole that knife, which is exactly what the other monsters came here to do." Kaleb said. You walked in between Kaleb and Landon, slapping your hand off of Landon's shoulder.

"Back off, Kaleb." You said as you pushed him away gently.

Kaleb decided to continue. "You saying it's a coincidence?"

Landon nodded. "Yeah. Yeah. Yes, I am."

"Kaleb, back off." You looked him in the eyes, glaring. "He didn't do it, leave him alone."

Landon looked at everyone before looking back at Kaleb. "You believe me, right?" He directly asked Hope. Kaleb turned around and looked at Hope. You also looked at the auburn haired girl and her eyes softened as she looked into yours.

Instead, Hope didn't say anything. "Got it." Landon responded. He started walking away to the school. "Say no more." He said.

You watched Landon walk off before, glaring at Kaleb. "You had to just speak? He didn't do it, Kaleb! I know him." You said, walking off and into the bus. Kaleb didn't say anything and instead just watched you walk off.