"Open me up"

"Tell me a story, Miko." Ei sits prettily on a stool, facing the bathroom mirror with a small smile. Yae fidgets with the scissors, wondering where she should start.

She has only cut her own hair but the texture is different from Ei's. This is going to be an interesting first time.

"What story shall I tell?" Story. That is just a hidden word between them. Ei seems to be in a calmer mood than before.

Her back stretched upright, prim and proper fitting of who she is. Her straight hair flows down her back and Yae has the urge to smell the sakura scent.

"How about you and Kitsune Saiguu? You rarely talk about your relationship with her." They make eye contact in the mirror. Yae's breath hitches at the unexpected request. It makes her feel uneasy that the spotlight has been placed on her.

Yae is fine with telling stories about anyone else but herself. But if her divine master requests for her to open her heart, she has no reason to reject it.

"Hm... I admired her like my mentor. I followed her around like a lost fox. She was kind and gentle to me." Yae says, short and simple. She really does not want to talk about herself.

She collects her hair and starts cutting a huge chunk. Ei has requested to have her hair as short as Sara's.

"Hm. I read in one of my diaries that she was cunning and ruthless with her words. Sounds like someone has inherited those traits from her mentor." Ei snickers playfully as she straightens her neck. Yae nervously strokes her fingers through her hair, feeling weird to see it this short that the ends meet the middle of her back.

"Maybe. In this cruel world, it is only wise to become cruel as well. It is just in our nature to be tricksters. That is something we cannot let go." Yae remembers white hair flowing with the sakura petals. White tail swishing back and forth as young Yae Miko runs up to her with outstretched arms.

Hello, little Yae! You look as cute as ever! Her voice echoes affectionately in her ear. She feels her eyelids burn a little.

"I am glad you have become shrewd. It makes you independent and strong against any danger. Although your jokes may come off harsh and insensitive, that still makes you charming." Ei sounds easy and relaxed when she says this.

Yae flushes at her compliment and tries to uphold a stoic expression. Ei can see her through the mirror.

"I think you are the only one in the world who thinks that way, Your Excellency. People find me tiring and complicated." Yae chuckles as she cuts more length out of her hair, finally making it above shoulder level.

The priestess's throat dries up when she sees the goddess's mitsudomoe tattoo compliment her nape.

"Ah. So that is what I look like with short hair." Ei chirps as she stands up and leans towards the mirror, dancing her fingers through her short hair.

Yae mentally curses at how ridiculously attractive Ei looks. She looks cute yet handsome at the same time.