Boxers or Most definitely Briefs?

Rick's pants had been slowly falling but wondered why until I realized his belt was undone. He must have gone to the restroom and didn't fix himself. The more we walked heading towards his room the lower his pants got. And he keeps trying to pull them up but with one hand around my neck he's only grabbing parts of his khakis, not securing his pants at all.
Couple more rooms he blurts out and now his pants are right under his ass how his button up is blocking the view. We reach his room and look I got nothing to lose so I invite myself in to see it. "Sorry it's messy, I just came in and started to throwing shit everywhere." He goes onto mention this was a business trip and it didn't end well then starts calling himself a loser. It's draining to hear but I'm trying to be here for him while also plotting on his briefs, at least I hope they are. I tell him I'm going to use the bathroom, he actually rushes up and wants to wait while he cleans it up a bit. I didn't think much until I saw a couple garments of white but not all were towels. "Guess you had to pick up your tightie whities before someone saw huh," Rick stopped in his tracks as all he heard was the bathroom door shut and now he's nervous because what if this tall fit guy realizes he wears dorky briefs, what would he do?