CHAPTER THIRTEEN

Adrienne was shocked, she blinked her eyes. Open, close, is she dreaming?.In front of her stood a man who calls her Petal but she looks like him and even the color of his eyes matches hers. Adrienne looks closely at him,she even has the same mole on the side the face. What's happening? Why is this man calling me Petal.? And why is Luigi smirking so creapy ? I really don't like him, she thinks.

"My name is not Petal ,sir ,my name is Adrienne. My mother and grandmother's names are Petal."

Adriano stood there shaking." Excuse me, grandma and mom, he repeated"

" Yes sir, my grandma's real name is Petra, but every one calls her"
Before she could say the name he whispered " Petal".,
As if he's in a daze he says, Petra ,my Petra.

Adrienne looks at him and asked "excuse me sir,are you alright?
The pale man said" yes, dear I need a drink."
He turned to Luigi, and said " you knew, and you brought me under false pretenses, why?"
Luigi looks him calmly in the eyes and said " yes I've known for two weeks now"
" Why, Luigi, couldn't you just have said something?Or spoke to me like a man, now you have to do this here in front of everyone?"

Adrienne stopped him and asked" what are you talking about, and what is your name sir .I believe we weren't introduced.
He looked at her with sad eyes and said" my child , my name is, Adriano Santiago"

" What, Adrienne almost shouted,her eyes bulging out of the sockets." What, how " She spoke softly.
In great shock she stumbled backwards almost on top of the table. Lucky for her Fabio was watching them from a distance and when he saw Adrienne's pale face he came closer. He caught her just in time and said" gentlemen, let's take it out side " through clenched teeth. He takes Adrienne by the waist and leads her outside to the terrace.
Adrienne as in a gaze looks at Fabio and her eyes well up.
" It's okay, Adrienne, it's okay, look at me. Breathe he says, come now, breathe for me."

She takes deep breaths, tries to breathe but the tears were continuous streaming down her cheeks.
Fabio was continuingly telling her breathe in breathe out and after a while she calmed down and breath on her own. In out in out.

After she calmed down he put his hands on her face and asks " do you want to speak to him, because if you don't want to, I can ask him to leave."

" No, Fabio, don't, I want to know, I really need to know, what happened, why do I look like him and how does he know my family."

" Okay then, go speak to him".
" Don't leave me " she shivers.
" I'll stay with you, come let's go to him."
In the meantime Adriano was so angry at Luigi that he could not even look at him because he feels that it's De ja Vu all over again. Now he recognizes the jealous Luigi. The trickster all over again.
As Adrienne approaches he takes a good look
at her.

Beautiful Petal, but she has my eyes and even the mole on our chin is the same. He knows she is his grandchild!. Grandchild , then wait, Petal had a daughter. Oh my goodness she was pregnant!
My Petal, my beloved she had to cope on her own and tears form in his eyes.

When Adrienne was close enough to him, he grabbed her and hugged her tight crying " I didn't know, I didn't know and he was full fletch sobbing.

Fabio's POV

Looking at Luigi he saw the scowl on his face. How can someone who claims to love his children so much be so evil. Look at him. I wonder what he thinks he'll achieve, but one thing is for sure he's already losing. Just look at the two they look a lot like each other but also different and I know Adriano will not deny Adrienne, so. I really wonder what is Luigi up to.? What does he wish to gain. One thing is for sure I'm gonna keep my eyes on him. Something is not right here there must be something else going on and I'm going to find out.

Adriano kiss her forehead and gave her his handkerchief. After drying her tears he dries his face. Then he starts to laugh and kiss her on both cheeks.
" You are my granddaughter , I'm still in shock, so your name is Adrienne "

" And you,sir I believe is my grandfather," she smiles at him and said " Adriano Santiago, I grew up with your name on my lips or should I say my grandma's lips "

Adriano ask cautiously," Is umm Petal,umm."
" Oh my goodness Adriano , she's still alive, she too stubborn to die I tell you,' and she laughed at his face.
He lets out a sigh of relief and then beaming, please you have to tell me everything about her, you ,my daughter, my daughter. I have a daughter by Petal.
I want to know everything."
They didn't even realized that they were talking and laughing at the same time.
All except Luigi.

Rita and Lisa were looking for their husbands and found them on the terrace.
" Luigi, here you are, scolded Lisa him lightly, ten minutes really it's been an hour already." He takes her hand and apologizes for the mishap, but not before he cunningly makes trouble for Adriano.
" Well, Rita he says cunningly Adriano has a surprise for you"
Rita looks at her husband and said"its been years since you last surprised me honey,so what is it ?"
Adriano stood there looking at Luigi and then starts to laugh , he moved forward to him and took out his hand. But for Luigi it looked like Adriano was going to punch him.
" Thank you , old friend, thank you, today you gave me back my life."
Luigi was so puzzled he just stared at Adriano.

" Well ladies, let me introduce you to Adrienne, and this beautiful young lady you see here is my granddaughter"

Rita shouted " what, what do you mean, granddaughter?, Where did she come from?"
" She comes from South Africa he replied" and Rita was shocked , because she was aware of the child because Adriano's mom confessed to her on her death bed. But because they were getting divorced she was petty and did not tell him. And now after all these years, the truth is finally facing her .

Please vote
Or leave a comment.