ii. 𝘩𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘰𝘸𝘦𝘦𝘯 '84

chapter two  halloween '84

chapter two
halloween '84

💗

THE PAST TWENTY-FOUR HOURS have been stressful, for Lily. She's tried everything in order to help her father with the pumpkin situation, but even that seems hopeless.

The Chief had been over to examine the pumpkins, and told her dad he'd keep in touch — but, not long after, Merril gets a call from Eugene accusing him of poisoning his pumpkins, because he believed Eugene had poisoned his. Lily knows her dad didn't do it. But, it gets worse.

The poison of the pumpkins seems to have found it's way through everybody's crops — Eugene's, Jack O'dell's, Pete Freeling's, Rick Neary's, the Christensens'. Everyone's crops, dead.

And because Lily's dads was the first to be hit, he's now to put to blame by everyone else.

The youngest Wright had also approached the cafe she works in after school, yesterday, to ask for the possibility of any more shifts — and instead, she's been given the worst news possible. Not only can they not be able to give her anymore shifts, but if things don't improve for them by January, the cafe might have to let go of some of their employees — or, close for good.

So now, not only does Lily have to worry about the loss of money from her dad's work, but also the loss of her own. And now her dad's been accused of poisoning the crops of everyone else in town.

Things are not looking good.

The only bright side Lily can really look towards is the fact that her Carrie outfit looks amazing, if she does say so herself. The fake blood dried up nicely, and when she's got her makeup and hair done with it, and drenched herself in fake blood, Lily's sure this year's costume could in fact be her best one yet.

She leaves home early after school, in order to help Tina setup her Halloween bash. Vicki's picking her up and driving her straight there, and so Lily heads out to the pathway to find her friend's car parked behind the Chief Police's.