THE RING WILL BRING US DANGER.

*At the beginning of the chapters I will suggest some songs I like to hear while I'm writing this VP fanfic*

Is Pete ready to face the return of the ring?

ENJOY!!!

***

Pete was sweating. He stared at Vegas waiting for his next move. Would he take the ring? Pete knew how much Vegas wanted the ring. It was his legacy. 

Vegas stares at the ring. He was debating with himself whether to take it or not. He had a different life now, but something was pressing his heart hard. 

Vegas took the ring in his palm and looked at Pete who diverted his eyes the other way. He licked his lips and put the ring on his finger. 

Vegas' eyes opened wide. His family's ring was his. Everything that belonged to his father was his again. Vegas wanted all of that and even more, but something was holding him back. 

Pete was sitting on the couch. He wasn't talking. He wasn't even looking at Vegas or Porsche. 

"Pete." Vegas' voice made Pete's eyes go back to him. 

Vegas wanted to know how Pete was feeling about it. They were a family and Pete had a saying in Vegas' decisions now. 

"What do you want me to do?" 

"Will you listen to me?" 

"I don't know." 

"Then what I want doesn't matter." Pete stood and approached Vegas. 

Porsche was looking at them. He knew that both Pete and Vegas wanted different things. He knew they had started a new life. Coming here will put them in trouble, but the ring had to come back to its original owner. That's what Porsche thought. 

"You know I want us to stay here. You know I want us to have a family together. I-I don't want to -to-"

Vegas made a few steps toward Pete and touched his warm hands. Pete was trembling. He knew he didn't have any right to tell Vegas what to do, but he couldn't help himself. 

Pete wanted them to have a family. 

"I know. I know." Vegas kissed Pete's knuckles before looking into his eyes. 

Pete stared at the floor. 

"Pete, can you look at me?" Vegas' soft voice touched Pete's heart making the latter look at his lover. "Nothing will change."

"Everything will change," Pete said and stepped back. 

Pete looked back at Porsche and brought a wide smile onto his face. Porsche could see the pain behind that fake smile. 

"It was nice seeing you. You can stay as long as you want." Pete walked away and into the bathroom. 

Vegas looked down at his fingers. He traced the ring and could feel an indescribable power. The fire within him was starting to get stronger again. He wasn't ready to let it go. He wanted that ring. 

"Macau is somewhere around here right?" 

Porsche's voice brought Vegas out of his thoughts. He looked at the person in front of him and nodded. 

"He is with Pete's grandparents. You'll find him there." 

Porsche could sense that Vegas wasn't focused. His mind was on Pete and his reaction to the whole situation. 

"Oh yeah. Pete talked to me about them. He told me where they live. So..I'll go find Macau. Make sure to talk this out with Pete." 

"Yes. We have to talk."