𝘸𝘦𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘭𝘥

three nights prior to the festival.

rintarou couldn't sleep. of course, he wasn't necessarily the type of person to ever have a good night's sleep in the first place, but tonight was worse than usual.

'filthy traitors don't deserve sleep.'

rin grimaced, pushing the thoughts out of his head. glancing at the clock on his bedside table, he noticed that it was 11:11 p.m. usually, he woke up at around 2-3 a.m, if he went to sleep at a normal time. but today, he had gone to sleep at 10pm, being exhausted. the fact that he woke up an hour and eleven minutes later was not a good sign.

at this time, aizawa was probably out doing hero work. due to the fact that he was an underground hero, he typically worked the late hours to avoid media attention.

accepting the fact that he probably wouldn't get any more sleep tonight, rin pushed the comforter off his body, sitting up and stretching his arms above his head.

'you seem awfully comfortable, 'tarou.''

"shut up. i'm not gonna have a conversation with imaginary voices at eleven pm." he grumbled, getting out of bed.

he was greeted with silence.

opening his closet, rin stared at the clothing. where was he even going? what kind of place would be open at this abysmal hour? he didn't really have friends to hang out with, and he didn't particularly have hobbies either.

or maybe he could just play video games the whole night again?

he shook his head.

'i do that too much. i needa get out.'

he quickly got himself dressed.

'...it's missing something.' he thought, observing himself in the mirror. tired eyes stared back at him. the tall boy had on a white button up, messily tucked into black slacks, wearing dress shoes. the whole outfit seemed much too formal for a boy his age, and the messier-than-usual bedhead definitely backed that notion up.

nevertheless, the boy put on a black trench coat, nodding in approval to himself in the mirror, and then jumping out the window, never forgetting his cigarettes and lighter.

----------------------------------------

'ah, this really was pointless.' the boy tsk'ed, kicking rocks as he walked. seriously, where the hell was he even going?

looking up for the first time in a while, he found himself in a park. of course, there were no people around. taking his phone out of his pocket, he groaned when the brightness of the screen nearly blinded him.

'11:55 p.m.'

it had taken him forty minutes to get here? he'd definitely be lost on the way back.

not paying attention to where he was going, he collided with a feathered man shorter than him.

"ah, my bad dude, i wasn't watching where i was goin'." rin sighed, resisting the urge to slap himself in the face.

"you're good, kid." the blonde said, looking upwards to meet his eyes. "well, i'll be damned. how ya doin', birdie?"

"goddamnit." rin didn't think his night could get any worse. standing in front of him, cocky grin and all on his face, was takami keigo. red feathers ruffled from the wings attached to his back. "hey, short stuff. how's the heroing goin' for you?"