𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐚𝐥: 𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐮𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞

striking gunmetal eyes looked at rintarou through the mirror. 

he was dressed like a star- after all, the special guest of the hero gala had to be clearly noticeable. it had been a while since he'd made a public appearance, rarely being seen out on the streets. many more tattoos had been added, splattered across various parts of his body. 

originally, it had just been the name on his hip, the smoky wisps on his wrists, and the dragon and polearm on his spine. all of them meant something. 

but now... if you thought he'd looked like a yakuza member in his younger days, catch a glimpse of nakaya rintarou at the ripe age of thirty-one. 

thorns and roses covered his right arm, a full sleeve of sharp, dangerous flora. red, colored spider lillies were connected across his v-line, all the way around his hips in a full circle, although the name on his hip was left untouched. next to the head of the dragon that he'd always had, which just leered over his shoulder, was a miniscule signature- a.s. nothing more, nothing less, but upon closer look, surrounding the dragon's head were also the initials t.k. and t.t. 

aizawa shota, takami keigo, and todoroki touya. those which, in his younger years and even now, had made his life so much better. 

over his left pec, sat a full signature- not just initials. they had had a full fight over it- "if you're actually gonna get my name tattooed, it should be something cool!" 

"bakugo, i am not having 'lord explosion murder' on my body!" 

a messy, aggressive scrawl sat on rintarou's heart- a reminder that he should cherish those who have been able to stick around for so long. 

b. katsuki. 

the names of all the most important people sat all over him. and bakugo would never admit it to anyone else, but if you happened to catch the number two pro hero with his shirt off, you might just be able to see a elegant m. rintarou scrawled over his heart, matching with the first pro on the leaderboard. 

but back to the hero gala that he had been so aggravatingly forced to attend- he was dressed to perfection. 

hero galas had always been a venomous pit full of vipers- the moment that the cameras were off, heroes with grudges spat foul words at each other, flaunting wealth, fame and power over each other, but as soon as the cameras were back on, they were the bestest of friends. 

rin hadn't shown up to a single one, ever since he took number one on the leaderboard. but now, looking at himself in the mirror, wearing a dark trench coat that had never belonged to him over his signature silver rose vest, and pants hanging with a chain over them, he could only sigh and turn to the wall of his penthouse.

a wall full of polaroids special to him- there were only about three from before he was sixteen, faces of a boy that he kept up just so rin could remember what he looked like. the others, from age sixteen to now, were full of people alike- his classmates, his teachers, his fellow pros- he couldn't even bring himself to take the polaroid of him and mina down. but the one next to his mirror had always been the most special- rin clinging onto bakugo's back, the blonde boy's face twisted into anger, annoyance and panic because rin was so much taller than him. his hands held the back of rin's legs gently, contrasting the anger on his face, a banner that said 'recently graduated!!' hung over their heads, and aizawa, keigo, and touya looked on the two fondly.