Chapter One: Bullets

You know that feeling when you want to fight, you need to fight to keep your head above the surface. If you don't then you'll start to sink, the fighting doesn't have to be physical sometimes it's with your emotions. When I wake up in the morning my urge to fight is a bit different, I fight to feel the satisfaction of praise come from others, I fight to get a smile off of my dads face, I smile to feel at peace in my mind. I fight in a ring full of different beasts, some short, some tall, some easy and some hard, these fights are what keeps me floating.

They keep me breathing and begging for the need of satisfaction, once I hear the shouts of being praised I just want to cry out in satisfaction but when I hear the cries of approval to my opponent I just feel this urge to try harder. To work harder. To be better. My need to fight is so strong that sometimes I just want to fight myself over it, funny isn't it? To stop yourself from wanting to fight, you would need to fight yourself.

Sometimes when I'm staring at the beast I'm fighting against I question myself, I start questioning why I'm even doing this, I start to question if I'll even make it through the fight. Like right now, the multicolored lights shone down upon the ring in a flickering fashion, that one could only assume to be a strobe pattern. The ring is surrounded by tight black ropes and the matting below my feet is a rough texture that leaves an itchy feeling every time I move. There is a crowd standing up shouting all around from several different angles, some are cheering me on but some are cheering on my opponent. My opponent. She is truly a beast at her work. Her hair was short, almost as short as a buzz cut. She had beautiful blond hair that had streaks of blue throughout it to give it a pop of color. She was wearing a pair of black shorts with a matching sports bra. Her body was littered with bruises of all sorts of shapes.

Her eyes held a fury like no other, a fury that I somehow got myself caught up in because without a moment to register I felt a fist collide with my right cheek. My head whipped to the left before being whipped to the right with an impact as hard as the last to my left cheek. My body was pushed into the black ropes before I dunked, wrapping my arms around her waist in the process. With a huff I used my strength to bring her to the ground. My mind raced not being able to process anything besides the word 'fight'. My legs straddled her as she started to swing left and right at me, with my right fist I brought it back as far as I could and just started repeatedly colliding it with her face.

Her eyes the same fury she had slowly grew more and more as she started trying to move her head out of the way, right as my fist hit the matting next to her head a loud buzzer went off. The match had ended before either of us could have the chance to say they won. The chance to have the satisfaction of hearing the cheers. My hazel eyes stared down at her blood covered face as I was pulled off of her by my coach. A smile was shown upon his face as he guided me out of the ring and down the black carpet like runway with people on both sides of it. The cheers calmed the tension in my brain but not as good enough as the feeling of winning would have.

My coach rested his hand upon my shoulder as I was guided through double doors and into a hallway. "You did good" His voice registered in my ears as I glanced up at his blue eyes. A smile shown on my face as I was brought to a changing room. "I'll be waiting in the car" And with that my coach walked out of the room leaving me to look at it. It was a light peach color with a wooden bench in it and a wooden framed mirror. Sitting on the bench was my black wrestling bag full of my regular outfit that I wore on my way here. With a sigh I pulled my medium length light brown hair out of its bun and wrapped the hair tie around my wrist.

My body felt sore as I started to strip off my dark purple set of shorts and sports bra. My arms were littered with bruises especially my fists, the wrap around my hands started peeling off and with that I quickly threw it in the trash before throwing on a pair of black stretchy shorts and a baggy red shirt. I grabbed ahold of my bag and made my way out of the changing room and out of the facility. Outside the air was a warm temperature with the sun low in the sky, there parked near the entrance was a 2019 black Ford. The sky was a beautiful orange-ish yellow with a hint of red, the stars were just barely starting to show and the sun was just on the edge of the horizon.