6 months earlier

We just moved to Montana. Jason still isn't the biggest fan of it, and he misses his family in Florida. I'm trying to hide how happy I am, so that he doesn't get upset with me. It seems like all we've done since the move is argue. We both start our new job at the factory today. I'm so excited to meet new people up here. I don't really have any friends, and not being 21 yet really limits me meeting new people.

I woke up at 4 am this morning, just to make sure I have time to get ready and adjust to the 30 minute drive to work. After I finish up drying my hair, I yell for Jason to hurry up and come downstairs before we're late. I hate the idea of us working together. I feel like it's just going to cause problems.

The car ride is silence. Jason is half asleep in the passenger seat, not noticing that I'm getting really anxious with all this traffic we're hitting. He doesn't ever care when my anxiety gets bad. Half the time he jokes about it and says I'm dramatic. We get about 5 minutes away when I let him know to start waking up. He groans and takes a sip of my coffee, and mumbles something about me. I always try to ignore his mumbling.

We had both already completed our orientation, so today we get to actually go out on the floor and work hands on. As soon as I get inside the building, I head to my designated work department and await being assigned a trainer. Jason has a different department than me for training today, so he won't be able to distract me from my work thankfully. I spot my brother who also works at the factory with me, and I ask him to help me figure out who is training me.

My trainer turns out to be a very kind man about my grandfather's age. He's very patient with me at each station as I try to copy what he is showing me how to do. I know absolutely nothing about cars, so I find it humorous that I agreed to work at this factory that makes car parts for Ford. Every 2 hours we switch stations. The first two hours at this station is up, and my John (my trainer) leads me to our next station, which is just packaging fuel pumps.

The packaging station is my favorite so far. Everyone has been keeping conversation going, and I really feel like I'm fitting in with everyone that's over here. There's a guy named Jesse over here. He seems to be in his late 20s, or early 30s. I haven't been able to keep my eyes off him. I know that sounds bad, I shouldn't be looking at other men when I have a boyfriend. Jesse is just something good to look at. That's all. I stole some boxes from him earlier, just so I could learn his name. I'm very observative of people, so I notice he doesn't have a wedding band on. How on earth is a man like him single? Maybe he has a secret that scares women off. Damn it. I need to stop thinking this deep on a total stranger. What is wrong with me?