9.I'll Take Care of You

QUINCY

I never cried like this. Not even when mom passed, but it hurt so much. I clung on to Julie as tight as I can. I hated for her to see me like this, but who cares. I can't help that I'm a mess.

"I'm sorry" I said wiping my face

"Why are you apologizing Quincy?" she said wiping her own tears

"I don't know for dropping all of this on you."

"Your hurting and as your girlfriend I want to be here for you." she said

I stayed quiet just taking everything in before standing up. Julie looked up at me waiting for me to say something.

I reached for her hand helping her up, "Let's finish so we can get out of here"

She nodded grabbing both my hands. I faced her really looking into her eyes and I could see the sympathy.

"It's fine Julie. I'm good." I said

"I'll take care of you. Whenever you're down and need someone I'll be here." she said

"I can't ask you to do that" I said resting my forehead on hers

"You don't have to" she replied

The opening of the front door caught our attention. I walked out my closet and closed my room door locking it. Julie came out and instantly stuffed more of my stuff in more bags. For the most part the house was quiet, letting me know my dad was alone.

When we finished the room was empty. This was it I'm moving out and not turning back.

"Go straight to the car okay." I told Julie

"Don't do anything stupid because you know if I hear something I'll run back in a heart beat." she walked out in front of me.

JULIE

I walked down the stairs in front of Quincy. We dropped the bags at the door before going back for the rest. Coming back down I noticed his dad coming from the kitchen with a beer in hand. I grabbed what I can and did as I was told.

"Where the hell are you going" I heard his father as I walked to the car

As I put the stuff in the car I could hear them getting louder. I put the bags in the trunk and sat in the passenger seat. Looking towards the house I seen his dad waving the broken beer bottle. I wanted to get up.

"Quincy" I yelled after him getting out

"Get back in the car Jules" he said

I kept walking towards them on the front porch. Mr.Jones charged towards Quincy and I yelled. Quincy pushed him away before turning towards me.

"Julie" he yelled with so much anger

I jumped my eyes already burning with tears

"Go back to the car NOW" he yelled at me again

I turned away and walked back to the car my lip trembling as I sat down. The tears started coming down and I didn't even try to stop them. I was used to this by now. Peeking towards the window I seen Quincy picking up the bags his dad threw on the lawn. I turned back to the front as I seen him coming towards the car. The door slammed and I know he was in. No words were said we just drove.

✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨

I was in my room under the blanket crying my heart out. Since we've got to my house Quincy hasn't said a word to me. I know it was in the heat of the moment and Iv'e been trying to tell myself there is no reason to cry but I can't. When people yell at me it triggers some deep emotions and I start to think the worst. Like right now. He must be mad at me for being so stupid. Why did my dumb self get out the car.

Deep down I know he's not and he just needs a moment but I can't get my brain to comprehend that. It's like my brain and my emotions are no longer in sync. It's broken and it makes me want to do some horrible things. I look over at my door seeing it's closed before opening my draw and reaching for the pocket knife. I go to open it but a knock on the door startles me.

"Julie are you up?", I hear Quincy's voice

"I'm busy", I say putting the knife away

"I'm coming in", he says and I roll my eyes getting back underneath my blanket

I hear the door open then close and the bed dips. Just him being here is making me cry more.

"I'm sorry" I hear but don't move at all

The sheet moves from my face and I'm face to face with him. He wipes my tears and kisses my forehead.

"Stop crying baby. I'm sorry for yelling at you. I was just so angry at my dad that I lashed out at you."

"It was my fault I should have listened to you. I'm so dumb! I never do the right thing" I sob into his shoulder

"What are you talking about?", he says rubbing my back

"Look at me. You are not dumb Julie. You were worried about me and there is nothing wrong with that. Okay?" he says holding my face between his hands.

I nod my head trying to stop my tears, but when I feel like shit I really feel like shit. I don't even think I'm crying because of today anymore.

"Okay Julie. It's okay. Please stop crying baby. I don't like seeing you cry babygirl.", he holds me

"I got you" was the last thing he whispered