I'll Never Give Up Hope

"My name is Hope Mikaelson. The school behind these gates protects the secrets of people like me.
Vampires, werewolves, witches and everything in between." Hope's voice over said.

June

It's day time... it's summer break for the students at the Salvatore school. "At the Salvatore School, the end of the year means different things to different people." Aaron's voice over said. Lizzie hugs Josie before she leaves to visit her mother. "For some it's about reunions. To others it means saying goodbye." Aaron's voice over said. All of the students, including Kaleb, are leaving the school to go with their families. "Summer is a time to set out on new adventures, see the world, to grow in ways you never imagined. Everyone moves on." Aaron's voice over said. MG is spending the summer with Kaleb with his family, since he doesn't talk to his anymore.

However, for Landon, he has nowhere to go and
must stay at the school for the summer. "Except for those who have nowhere to go, the ones like me." Landon's voice over said. Inside the school, Landon is standing by the window as he watches the other students leave for summer break. Aaron walked over to him, carrying cans of paint. "My name is Landon Kirby. All I've ever wanted to know is where I come from, to have a home, a family, to be special. Recently, I got all of it. So why do I feel like nothing's changed?" Landon's voice over said. Aaron smiled at him before walking towards his room.

"Since my parents are travelling the world, I would usually go stay with my aunt Davina and uncle Kol in San Francisco for the summer. But, they're on vacation for their anniversary. My aunt Emma is in Spain, my aunt Freya and aunt Keelin are taking care of baby Nik, Aunt Rebekah and Marcel are in France and my Uncle Damon and Aunt Elena are in town. However, I decided to stay at school and let Landon have some company along with Josie since she was also staying." Aaron's voice over said. He walked into his room and closed the door behind him with his foot.

Later at night at the docks, Landon ties a concrete block to himself. "Somehow it feels like one of the most important pieces of my life is missing. I know I need to keep searching for answers because as far as I can tell, being immortal means being alone. And being alone is hopeless." Landon's voice over said. He then jump into the river behind the Salvatore Estate, attempting to kill himself and reveal answers about who or what he is.

Morning ~ Josie and Lizzie's room

Josie is talking to Lizzie using a clear crystal, while Lizzie reveals that she has learned about the ascendant. "Mom didn't tell you anything else about this thing?" Josie asked. "Only that it's called an Ascendant, and you and I made it with Aunt Bonnie when we were five." Lizzie said. "Does it have anything to do with the Merge?" Josie asked. "I don't know. She's being cagey about it. I-" Lizzie said but flickers and disappears. Josie looks over at the empty space and sighs. Lizzie then reappears back into the room. "Sorry. Mom almost busted me." Lizzie said.

"You know, we can Face chat like normal people." Josie said. "We aren't normal. And we need to keep our magic sharp over the summer." Lizzie said. "How is therapy going?" Josie asked. "Fine. There is this sexy Swedish guy whose session is after me on Tuesdays. I think he's Swedish. Maybe Polish. Anyway, it doesn't matter." Lizzie said. She smiled. "He is hot and crazy, and the language barrier will make it impossible for us to communicate. Just how I like it." Lizzie said. She lays back on the bed as Josie puts away the ascendant. "You should really work on that." Josie said.

"I'll add it to the list of broken pieces to glue together. What about you? Any hot summer dates?" Lizzie asked. "Dad's been, like, my life plus-one ever since he got the headmaster boot. I honestly think he's going through a midlife crisis." Josie said. "Gross. Hair growth?" Lizzie asked. "Bushy." Josie said. "Lady prospects?" Lizzie asked. "Lacking." Josie said. "Are you not having any fun at all? What about Wee Willie Winkle?" Lizzie asked. "Landon's been keeping to himself mostly. He's always off with Raf." Josie said.