iii. FREEDOM

𝕰NCHANTED,            𝒗ol. i

 i

iii

iii.      ≛     freedom

               A QUIET GROAN ESCAPED her lips, her vision coated with a heavy blur

              A QUIET GROAN ESCAPED her lips, her vision coated with a heavy blur. Excruciating pain coursed through her veins as her limbs fell numb. The throbbing pain drumming in her skull drowned out all surrounding sounds. Groggily, she attempted to open her eyes, but the weight of her eyelids forbade her from doing so.

Anodyte forced her eyes open upon hearing the shouts of Kid Flash. She pushed her weight forward, but strange chains held her in place. The metal material, clasped around her wrist, rubbed against the soothing cloth of her gloves. Paired with the heavy armor that adorned her gauntlets, her wrists began feeling sore. She peered to her right, where her fellow teammate, Robin, was chained in a pod. On her left were Aqualad and Kid Flash in the same situation.

Angelyne deduced she could easily slip through the chains. Only, it would risk her capture once again. With a Kryptonian on the loose, paired with the fact she wasn't at her full strength just yet, taking Superboy head-on was not an option. And, if he shared the same DNA as a certain Boy Scout he was cloned after, she'd rather not find out what powers he possessed. Being frozen with a single breath or fried to crisp with one look was not on her agenda.