𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐍𝐄 | Meet and Greet

My blood still rushed from Eric's words, I counted the raindrops falling down the window while thinking of the endless possibilities that could happen next. You really think he likes me? I thought, vibration from the car ride making my stomach feel a bit unsettled.
I moved around in my seat to find a comfortable spot to rest my stomach, then in the pocket of my hoodie lay the folded note. The thought of camp all over again stinging my insides. I'll open it when I get home. Temptation spread throughout my fingers while I stared at the note in my hand. Yet, I stayed firm to my own word, not wanting to get my hopes up too high just yet.
"How was school?" My mom said, interrupting my thoughts. "It was good." I replied. She gave me a look of confusion. "Anything happen that you want to tell me about?" That's when my heart exploded.
I had to tell someone, even if that someone was my mother. "Well..." I carried out my words. "Well?" She waited. I fumbled with my fingers until finding the right way to put it. "A guy likes me, the one I told you about? He gave me a note today." A shocked expression laid on her face, then a serious one continued to sharpen. "Now here's whats about to happen..."
I knew exactly where this was headed. A lecture was on its way, and it seemed I wouldn't like this one very much. She went on and on about age difference, the 'you're too young to be worried about boys', and the usual rabbit trails she'd lead herself into. The soft tinkling of the rain kept me company as the loud voice of my mother drowned out any other noise present.
Soon enough we were home, and I had no need to continue listening to a lecture I wasn't going to obey. I dashed to my room, note in hand. I opened up the note, my hands shaky. As it continued to unfold I felt as if he had just played with my feelings. It was blank until I saw the back. Oh, I really am stupid.
In messy handwriting, it had wrote someone's number, assumingly his. I picked up my phone and punched in the number. "Hello? This is Arabelle." I sent it. After a while of staring at my screen, I still hadn't gotten a reply. I laid down my phone, took a deep breath and waited.
A few minutes later a ding was heard from my phone. I quickly picked it up to see a notification from the number. "Hey Arabelle, this is Mateo. I want to get to know you." ...

[ 440 WORDS ]
@itiscvpid