Chapter 7

Chapter 7: Young Bard at the Tavern

    If you ask Dorcas what is the meaning of Bard, he would just recite a dictionary or wiki definition of the word.

Bard. Storyteller, verse-maker, music composer, oral historian, genealogist, the praiser of patrons, etc. Being a Bard has different meanings and it varies. The true meaning of Bard is difficult to describe. And currently, it was unknown to Dorcas.

In the Lord of the Mysteries, the Acting method is the process of acting according to the pathway's current sequence name. The acting method is important to beyonders. It was their way to gain experience and complete the requirements to rank up for their respective classes.

If someone asked what is his perception of the Bard Class, then he was ashamed to say the DND stereotype.

And because he has played too much DND once upon a time, his view of a Bard is skewered by that game.

" Our talented Bard is here! "

In the only Tavern of the Thrift Town, the nearest town to Duke Burgen's manor, the owner of the tavern was surprised by the appearance of the young bard.

The first time that the young bard came into his tavern, he only thought of him as a customer.

A 15-year-old young man enters a Tavern, and the owner didn't find this odd. It was quite rare for a 15-year-old to come to his tavern and order beers or any beverage to drink, but it wasn't unheard of.

A 15-year-old young man requesting a drink in his Tavern isn't illegal. It was also the same for the others.

But when the young bard didn't order any drink or food, the owner feel annoyed. From the owner's perception at that time, a mysterious young man just entered his Tavern. With his clothing, he wouldn't know that the young man was a bard until he took out his instrument and started playing.

At the start, the way he played the instrument and sang wasn't confident. But as time passed, the young man slowly become comfortable, and the way that he played the instrument improved.

It's a pity that the young man only played one very interesting epic song story before leaving.

The owner of the tavern only thought of it as a one-time thing. But unexpectedly, a few days later the young bard came again. Another unheard piece of music before was heard and the young bard left again after playing.

Every few days, ranging from 2 to 3 times a week, the young bard would come into the Tavern and play his musical instrument and tell a story to them through his singing.

The owner of the inn knows nothing about where this young man came from and even if he was from Thrifa town at all. The only thing that he knows is that somehow, the young bard has endeared himself to his regular drunkard customers.

His customers didn't have a good impression at first of the young man. But as they became more familiar with his presence in the Tavern, they got used to him and even praise his songs and talent after the young Bard finish playing.

Surprisingly despite his talent and gained confidence when singing a song, when praised, the young bard was easily embarrassed. The young bard then would thank whoever praise him with a few words before leaving after playing music.

It's a pity that after playing a few pieces, the young bard would always leave. Hopefully, this time, the owner could convince him to stay for a little bit. His customers have been itching to know more about this mysterious young bard.

Somehow after hearing the young man's music, the people in the tavern, including him would always feel their exhaustion go away. One of his regular customers even proclaimed he even felt invigorated to face his problems and challenges and the many fears in his life.

It was like they are having hope and courage to face another day with a positive attitude despite the shitty things that were happening to the Whipper Kingdom.

After the Tavern Owner announces the young bard's arrival, the customers greeted the young bard.

The young bard smiled and return the pleasantries quite politely.

Nowadays, some of the customers of this Tavern felt that they didn't come to hear to drink their sorrows anymore while complaining or shouting about the injustices that were happening in the Whipper Kingdom. They came here to order a drink and food while listening to the young man.

The tavern owner was even contemplating if he should start paying the young bard and hire him to continue playing music in this Tavern. But the hopes of those succeeding are quite low.

With the young bard's talent, a simple tavern wasn't befitting at all with the pieces of music that he played.

He was more suitable to play for those nobles, the royals, and even to the churches of those other kingdoms.

When the young bard finishes playing his pieces of music for today, the customers and the owner clapped and cheered for the young bard.

After that, the owner was prepared for the young bard to leave just like usual. But today was different from the norm.

" What do you think of the Whipper Kingdom? "

" What do you think of Duke Burgen? "

" What do you think of the Mages? "

He asked 3 questions before he left the Tavern. Since the customers have a good impression of the mysterious young bard, and two out of those 3 questions are the reasons why the customers are here in the owner's tavern in the first place, they decided to answer the youth's question.

They gave the young bard their entire honest and blunt opinion towards those 3 topics. Some even went far into detail about the reason why they hated the mages and Duke Burgen. One of the customers even claimed that some of the rumors about the mages are true. As someone has said, the drunker a person is, the more their lips are looser and more honest.

Before the young bard left, he thanked them.

Maybe, it was due to his age and his eyes are already blurring, but when one of the customers vented his anger about Duke Burgen, the young bard's expression at that time was sad and filled with disappointment.