Chapter 3 - Heart vs Mind

Pooja's heart ached to see him at this state. Rishi was heartbroken. He was not able to breathe. He felt bad for not being with his father at his last moments. He looked at Pooja.
Rishi - Eppo *chokes * appa ippdi? *Still sobbing*
Pooja - rendu varsham munnadi
Rishi - avaru kadaisiya ethathu sonnara?
Pooja - He expected you to come for his funeral.
Rishi - Naa pavi Pooja ma paavi, appaa apppaaa
Rishi blacked out.

The family's anger towards him turned to sympathy. They wanted him to recover. They wanted to know the exact reason behind his departure that day. He never informed any nor had he tried to communicate later about this.

Rishi was admitted and he was emotionally weak. He couldn't handle all the drama in one single day. Pooja was worried, and her brain wanted to move on but heart was so stubborn that it held him intact even in his absence.
Pooja thought, 'En da anniki pona, nee pohama irunthurutha appa uyiroda irunthurupaare... Nee engala paduthaama unnaiyum sethu enda paduthura'.

Deepti could not understand who this dad was. He suddenly came from nowhere. Why wasn't this dad with her when she was repeatedly questioned by her friends and teachers? Why wasn't this dad with her mom and her when the drunk neighbour knocked at their window at night? Why wasn't this dad there when Ammamma scolded amma. Why did he even come now?
The hurt created an impression in her heart.
It's now Rishi's turn to capture a place in his daughter's heart and answer his daughter's unasked questions.

He never knew he had planted his seed into his beloved. He never knew his dad was going to die in 2 years. He never knew he would miss the joy of being a father. He never knew what his woman would go through. All that he knew was his work.

Never did Pooja inquire about Rishi's work. Rishi kept it confidential. Little did she know the reason for maintaining secrecy. She trusted him blindly and this is what has happened.

She would accept in a few seconds but when she needed him the most, he failed to be there. He promised the world but he didn't keep up with that. How could she trust him?
How can she??

If he comes next to her and speaks two words, her heart would melt but the things she went through would have been small for her heart but not for her mind. Her mind knew well that people aren't forever but her heart protested and got together with this guy who seemed trustworthy. But that very guy just left her. Why?